Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

Thanks Joel. I'm not quite as far along today as I thought I was yesterday, lol. Yest, my FC was 11.5 and CC was 1 (10ml Taylor test). I then hit it with a gallon around noon (12.5%), and another half-gallon around 11pm. My thinking was that I was in the "kill zone" and didn't want to get too high with my vinyl liner. I just tested today and the FC is 8 and CC is 1 (although the CC almost turned white with 1 drop, but did need the second). I'm gonna backwash here in a bit (been doing that once a day along with a lot of brushing). I then plan to hit it with 2.5 gallons, which would bring it up appx 10ppm under normal circumstances for my pool size. Is my thought process correct? Thanks. Perhaps things here in Monticello just a bit longer than where you are in MN, lol.

Blaise

Thanks Abigail K and timerguy. I'm working my way up the FC ladder. As for chl bottles timerguy, I hear ya! I'm 24 of 12.5% and 7 days into it. It's amazing what an appetite algae has, and how it likes to hangout as long as possible, lol. I'll be off to the local box store later as I just used up what I had. They love me there, but not for much longer I hope (except for maintenance bottles once I'm back to normal ops)!

Use PoolMath. Enter your current FC level and your target ... that tells you how much to add. Add it all.

Thanks Jason. One other question, as I am still in the learning process. I read here where you can add chl not more than once per hour and not less than twice a day. The first option is best, assuming you can do that with work, kids, etc, and the second just a "will work but not as quick" option for those who can't tend to the pool every hour? Also, is there a "that's too much chl to add at one time" threshold, or should you just add what Pool Math says all at one time regardless of the amount?

I have been doing the twice a day thing (am/pm), but probably should have been adding more each time. It's been a learning experience for sure. I just want to be better educated to put this SLAM to bed, and to do this the correct way should I ever have to again (but hope not to have to). Thanks.

There is no need to dose more than each hour, but you should twice a day at a minimum which is not going to go as fast. With work, you should be able to test dose in the morning, right after work and right before bed.

As long as you are targeting a reasonable FC level, there is no such thing as too much at once. Add everything to get to your FC target.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
According to pool math, your SLAM level is 28ppm You need to dose to get it up to that (pool math will tell you what it will take to get from your current FC level to 28), run a test in an hour then redose to get back up to the 28 ppm The more often you do that, the quicker/sooner your slam will be complete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.