Taking the plunge!

I've been going through those "last days" of my conversion all this week, and it takes a lot of patience. I see a little more gradual clearing, pretty water, but I can't see clearly to the bottom yet. I'll need to post back over on my thread with my questions, but your conversion pictures are amazing! Saying goodbye to Baqua will be good for both of us, I think. :-D

Much better - slowly clearing - I can see the bottom well in the shallow side - just getting a fuzzy outline of the drain. I'll try to get some more pix posted over the weekend - I pretty much working days this week and night pictures just don't look much differend as the light bounces off the tiny particles in the water.

Readings are holding well and except for the rain diluting everything the last few days, we're beginning to settle down.

cmtpres,

Loved reading about your conversion! You are just around the corner of completion. Aren't these gurus awesome here!!!??? They rock! :punkrock: I went through it earlier this summer and now enjoying a BBB pool! It is soooo easy and i've gotten so many compliments on the sparkling water!

I had a chance to photograph the pool this morning:

[attachment=1:33a5zgap]DSCF0205.JPG[/attachment:33a5zgap]

[attachment=0:33a5zgap]DSCF0207.JPG[/attachment:33a5zgap]

As you can see, the pool is looking much better. We can see the drain but it doesn't show in the photos yet. Still maintaining "Shock" level and waiting for full clarity before dropping the level to normal. I changed the sand last Sunday and added CYA - then the rains came (about 6" here) - will do colplete test tomorrow morning and start getting the hardness and alkalinity in line.

I do REALLY appreciate all the help and encouragement from the folks here. This was a big step and the comments from everyone helped me keep my focus on the destination while the progress got really ugly.

Attachments

• DSCF0205.JPG
    DSCF0205.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCF0207.JPG
    DSCF0207.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 288
WoW Richard you wouldnt even know it was the same pool !! My wife has been asking everyday if there are any new pictures and I kept on telling her no, no, no .... tonight I came home saw the post with pics and tried to show her ... she says "already saw them" :shock: lol

You have done a fantasic job :goodjob: on your conversion! Just think how easy your pool is going to be to look after next year !!!

cmtpres said:
After a summer of frustration with my 20+ year Baquicil pool, I have decided to chuck it and try the BBB method.

A month of trips to the pool store and almost $500 in special treatments and shock and I still have a yucky yellow/green/brown soup. I found this site while looking for a cure for my algae problem and it looks like the way to go so,........

Hey, Richard! You've come a long, long way in TWELVE days! Your pool is looking great and is about to astound you with it's natural clear and sparkly personality!

Thank you for keeping us updated and also for giving us one of our favorite things, pix! :mrgreen: Keep 'em coming!

I haven't posted in awhile - the conversion is essentially done and I'm just learning the new methods of dealing with a CL pool. Here are some pictures of the current state of my pool.

[attachment=2:fu4zdmf9]DSCF0211.JPG[/attachment:fu4zdmf9]

[attachment=1:fu4zdmf9]DSCF0212.JPG[/attachment:fu4zdmf9]

[attachment=0:fu4zdmf9]DSCF0213.JPG[/attachment:fu4zdmf9]

Thanks again to everyone who assisted, cheered and helped keep me going on this conversion. Now I will turn my focus to the BBB section and learn what I can there.

Attachments

• DSCF0211.JPG
    DSCF0211.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF0212.JPG
    DSCF0212.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF0213.JPG
    DSCF0213.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 158

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AWESOME!

I am so happy to see the bottom of your pool! :goodjob: It looks great!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.