Hey Slvie and Welcome !!!

2 people are pretty much needed and a third is even better. If you push the stairs away from the wall you can rotate them around like a rubicks cube. You have to empty all the water out the back hole if you haven't drilled your own holes for circulation. But if you spin them around just so, the water drains out the back and then the stairs will float once the big hole is above the water.

So then the inside the pool person gets to float it over to the edge and then pass it to the 2 outside folks who have to lift it, or hop out and help lift it as the second person.

Reactions: Decoy205
Also, meet my pal @Mdragger88. She has good pics of the holes she drilled after the stairs filled with algae from not circulating well. Said holes also help drain it in times like this.

Whats the best way to take the wedding cake style steps out of the above ground pool ?
If you don't have enough volunteers, you could try a small electric wench to help pull it out but trick would be securing the wench. Those steps are super heavy especially if you have them filled with sand. As newdude said, definitely need a few people to help out and hopefully your pool temps are still good where someone can get in the pool and help lift up otherwise it's a true struggle.

I am able to lift mine out by myself.
For reference I am a 40yr old woman & weigh 125#.

Once the weights are removed & they are unhooked from the deck they float up if I wiggle them around because air gets trapped under them as they have no bottom. They will literally float all over the pool. I make that air bubble work to my advantage & i am able to grab in the holes on the sides of the steps & slowly lift them up, pivot them & get them on the deck. If I didn’t have a deck & the leverage from above it would definitely be a 2 man job.
Here’s what mine look like.
81B6037E-A1FE-45DF-BC86-00DB3D89B2F1.jpeg

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.