Tabs or SWG

Sorry i saw rj60 in your sig but i must have read someone else’s signature 🤦‍♂️ apologies

Yea that is undersized - TFP normally recommends a cell at least 2x your pool volume

Alright - salt will be here Friday & been using liquid chlorine till the SWG is up & running!! I went with Diamond brand as I've heard good things also the only thing available was Clorox & Morton's which I've heard not to use especially the Clorox brand.

So my FC dropped from 3.5 to 1.5 & lastnight *about 20 hours ago I added 2 gallons of bleach. My goal per the app was 6 & it tested 4. (Thoughts)
Also I know bleach is supposed to be PH neutral but my PH went from 7.8 to 8. I read that gunite cures over the 1st year but I haven't seen that much in a day since opening 3 months ago.
Thoughts?

So my FC dropped from 3.5 to 1.5 & lastnight *about 20 hours ago I added 2 gallons of bleach. My goal per the app was 6 & it tested 4. (Thoughts)
Also I know bleach is supposed to be PH neutral but my PH went from 7.8 to 8. I read that gunite cures over the 1st year but I haven't seen that much in a day since opening 3 months ago.
Thoughts?
You have been using Trichlor tabs- they are acidic- bleach is not acidic.
You can expect to lose up to 5ppm fc / day - dose accordingly so that your fc doesn’t fall below minimum before your next dose.
Previously your fc was too low for your cya. I suggest you get back to target range fc & do an
Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to rule out something brewing so you can get it taken care of before proceeding with the swcg. A swcg cannot overcome an algae problem.

Reactions: Culler
Culler,

That's a big pool! RJ60 is just right size for it. Not sure how long your pool has been opened but check the salt level before you add any. Treating with liquid salt and tablets adds salt to the pool so you don't want to over-shoot. I always add the salt in the shallow end, it's a little easier to dissolve with a pool brush there. Also, there may be some contaminants that don't dissolve and it's easier to vacuum them up.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Culler,

That's a big pool! RJ60 is just right size for it. Not sure how long your pool has been opened but check the salt level before you add any. Treating with liquid salt and tablets adds salt to the pool so you don't want to over-shoot. I always add the salt in the shallow end, it's a little easier to dissolve with a pool brush there. Also, there may be some contaminants that don't dissolve and it's easier to vacuum them up.

I hope this helps!

Chris
Not an RJ60 but a Jandy Truclear. I am learning it would be nice if it was but I'm gonna work with what I've got. I'll just have to compensate with liquid chlorine or bleach to keep up with the TFP recommended levels. Thanks for heads up. I would have put it in the deep end no doubt😁

Reactions: setsailsoon
Fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info.
This assists us in providing you help specific to your pool without usneeding to ask you for the info each time.
It also avoids confusion on what equipment you actually have (*cough* SWG).

Done...since it wasnt in use I didnt see the need. Thanks Proavia
I don't see your signature.
Click the link I posted and fill out the signature there.
Be detailed and include manufacturers and model numbers.
See my signature and others - signatures are displayed below a post.
What you see on the left side below your user pic and name is your profile.
They are two separate things. The signature is meant to be more detailed.

This is the one that shows up under your posts. Include the relevant details and all the equipment model #s bevause 'Jandy pump' could still mean a dozen or more things. (Etc) :)

And Welcome !!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thoughts?
Welcome Culler. You've received great advice so far, and are doing a GREAT job yourself following TFP methods. I see that your Ph has risen to 8. Now is the time to reduce that to 7.5. TFP recommends Muriatic Acid(preferably 31.45 Baume). Don't use Dry Acid with a SWG. Muriatic Acid is available at Lowes/Home Depot, but make sure it is NOT "Green" or "Low Odor".

If you've never used Muriatic Acid before, beware, the fumes can be strong. Use Pool Math to see how much you need to lower to 7.5, and pour slowly in front of a return.

Reactions: Culler and newdude
If you've never used Muriatic Acid before, beware, the fumes can be strong
Also be aware the fumes are a good thing and let you know you're doing it wrong before damage occurs with prolonged huffing. If you're catching a whiff pouring to your left, pour to your right. Or turn 90 degrees to keep it downwind.

Submerge the bottle mostly in the water so you're only pouring a few inches deep, reducing splashing. I stood and poured waist high for WAY to long like a clown.

I don't see your signature.
Click the link I posted and fill out the signature there.
Be detailed and include manufacturers and model numbers.
See my signature and others - signatures are displayed below a post.
What you see on the left side below your user pic and name is your profile.
They are two separate things. The signature is meant to be more detailed.
I will work on this this evening. Appreciate your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.