TA Level

So I set my filter to run for 6 hours from 7am till 1pm each day, the chlorinator set to 40%, last 3 nights in a row FC came up at 5.5 each time. However, my CYA still showing around 50 area, below it really if the dot is to disappear completely. Should I even bother to bring it up with my FC staying up so well? Plus how is it that I added enough to bring it to 65 according to calculator? I did buy the stabilizer from Wallmart (HTH brand I believe) and also a 3 lbs package from lowes. According to what the packages say it should bring the CYA up it does come lower then what the pool calculator said that poundage would do. Is it possible the calculator uses some stronger stabilizer ??

Stabilizer is stabilizer...as long as it says something close to 100%, that is what it is. So, no there are not weaker versions of it.

You can run at 50, but you probably work your swg a little harder. What i would is wait a week and run as you are, then recheck cya and add the appropriate amount to get to 70.

That sounds like a plan, but u do realize it has been a week and a half already since I added the stabilizer? Should I be really thorough checking the black dot, I mean does it really have to disappear completely without any shade of it visible? or as longs as its mostly gone unless u look really hard to see it?

This is a long shot, but one (maybe two) posters have reported lately what looks to bad stabilizer. Both had HTH stabilizer bought at different walmarts (possibly 3). Here is the link to that thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/help-me-out-on-my-cya-please-t49368.html#p406722

Since it has been in for 1.5 weeks and if the posts that jbliz do not highlight a testing issue, you may want to try a different brand of stabilizer.

thanks guys, this is very helpful. I hope I find the wally receipt if I need to return this. However, my CYA did go up from original results, and it looks like for that guy there was no change at all. I am not sure if I should try dumping the rest in to see what happens or just return and buy something else.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.