moebjoe

Jul 14, 2023
St. Louis MO
I have an old SmartPure (Aquarite) sanitizing system that is running the old r1.4 version of software. I need a new cell but am seeing conflicting information on what replacement cell is and is not compatible. Is the GLX-5 cell compatible with r1.4? I have seen other posts that say no, I need a t-15 to work with that software version. Hoping someone here can help me out.

Hayward support was completely worthless when calling them. They had no idea and only referred me to local service partners. Every service partner I have called also have no idea as they don't seem to know anything about the older unit compatibility. I am selling the house, so I don't want to replace the whole system. Just looking for someone that can point me in the right direction.

Welcome to TFP.

What size cell do you currently have that you a e replacing?

Revision 1.50 added the ability to select the T-cell type in the settings. Prior to revision 1.50, the system was preset to take a T-5 or T-15.

The earlier boards have a jumper on the board to select the cell type of T5 or T15. In some cases the jumper is adjustable and in some cases it requires that you solder the points together to select the T15 option if the board originally came set to T-5.

You will need to look at your board and see what you have.

I had replaced the last T5 cell I had with a GLX 5 but not sure it really ever produced at the level it should have. The unit itself says it takes a tCell 5. I’ll check tomorrow to see if there is a jumper but I imagine I will have to go the soldering route. Anything specific I need to know there in order to make a sufficient connection? Thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_1227.jpeg
    IMG_1227.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.