T-15 or drop down to T-9? Also, LL cell vs. standard Turbo cell?

mgarf33

Oct 27, 2013
After reading several comments, and being in the mechanical equipment industry, I know it's typically best to go oem. Now, my contemplation is dropping down to the T-9 or sticking with the T-15. My pool is about 26k gal, right above the max end of the T-9, so I originally went with the T-15. Does it make sense to lower my cell capacity, especially since I have a VS pump that reduces speed down pretty low? Any chance this will increase longevity, or will it likely reduce it, seeing as it will have to run a longer duty cycle?

Last question, I'm seeing the long life cell advertised for about $250 more, but it only comes with 1 extra year warranty. Any long term feedback on the LL cell?

Last edited:
Generally, we recommend a cell that is 2x the size of the pool so given your pool size, you should stick with a T-15. Also, the larger the cell more economical it will be long term.

Does it make sense to lower my cell capacity, especially since I have a VS pump that reduces speed down pretty low?
No. There is no correlation.

Any chance this will increase longevity, or will it likely reduce it, seeing as it will have to run a longer duty cycle?
A lower duty cycle (i.e. larger cell, less on time) may actually increase the life of the cell proportionally. The longer the cell is on, the more likely it will build scale. However, the longer the cell is off, the more likely that developed scale will dissolve back into the pool water rather than harden.

Last question, I'm seeing the long life cell advertised for about $250 more, but it only comes with 1 extra year warranty. Any long term feedback on the LL cell?
If the cost of the long life is <33% (4 yr vs 3 yr) more than the standard life, it might be worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.