Kking42

Jul 11, 2023
Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just bought an intex SX2800 sand pump put it together and it’s leaking right where the pre filter meets the motor control. I have reassemble 3 times and it’s not getting any better or worse the O rings are in place and are in perfect condition. It seems to be missing an o ring maybe in the second picIMG_1022.jpegIMG_1023.jpegIMG_1024.jpeg

I just bought an intex SX2800 sand pump put it together and it’s leaking right where the pre filter meets the motor control. I have reassemble 3 times and it’s not getting any better or worse the O rings are in place and are in perfect condition. It seems to be missing an o ring maybe in the second picView attachment 512545View attachment 512546View attachment 512547
Looks like a "piston" seal. Wrap a few turns of Teflon tape around the two O rings, maybe 4, put some pool lube on that and reassemble. Leak may stop.

Looks like a "piston" seal. Wrap a few turns of Teflon tape around the two O rings, maybe 4, put some pool lube on that and reassemble. Leak may stop.
Thanks for the tips, got home today and decided to give it another shot. Took off the pre filter inspected everything again almost decided to go buy Teflon but i reassemble it slowly and started at an angle and held the first o ring in place as much as I could and it complete stopped the leak

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.