Switching to SWG

Did a little searching here on TFP and there is some talk on several threads about the plug not being secure. Also, comments abput recalibrating the unit. There is also a user named circupool here at TFP, maybe give them a PM and ask them to help with your thread.

From an old thread:
mine was reading low salt and I was also getting various no flow errors, etc. Upon further inspection I noticed the plug was not very secure on the unit. I called tech support and they said to bend the tabs on the plug inward. There are three tabs and using a small screwdriver you can bend them in a bit. Then it fit on more snugly and the errors and low salt readings went away.

Did a little searching here on TFP and there is some talk on several threads about the plug not being secure. Also, comments abput recalibrating the unit. There is also a user named circupool here at TFP, maybe give them a PM and ask them to help with your thread.

From an old thread:
mine was reading low salt and I was also getting various no flow errors, etc. Upon further inspection I noticed the plug was not very secure on the unit. I called tech support and they said to bend the tabs on the plug inward. There are three tabs and using a small screwdriver you can bend them in a bit. Then it fit on more snugly and the errors and low salt readings went away.

Thanks for looking that up! I called the number on the label of the SWG and it was compupool. I spoke to the rep and she told me I needed to speak to circupool. They apparently made the unit for circupool but did say I would need to calibrate it. I called circupool again yesterday and was basically told the same thing again, "External environmental conditions could cause the low salt light". I PM'd circupool to see if maybe there is something I can do.

It is true that cold water can cause a false reading of low salt. But, I doubt that your water is below 60 degrees, it is probably in the 80s. Did they specify what sort of conditions might cause that? Frustrating!

MY pool is in the 78 right now, so I doubt the temperature is an issue. They were very general about the environmental conditions and didn't pinpoint any to look out for. I told the compupool rep my dilemma and she thought the answer from circupool was suspect also. What's really frustrating is I have no idea what levels the SWG is reading? What happens when it falsely reads too low and shuts down to protect itself, I can't ignore the light then!

I did find this in the help manual that circupool sent.

"IMPORTANT: The "Add Salt" light is only a display indicator and does not cause the system to change its behavior or cease operation if the salt level is above the minimum level required. If your system does not appear to be affected by any cause listed here, there may simply be environmental factors affecting the salinity reading and no action is required. If "Water Fault" is illuminated, the system has ceased generating chlorine.
"

That is the same for my Pentair SWG, mine says low salt and it is still making chlorine. I added a bag today so the light should be off tomorrow. They really like their environmental factors statement. I guess the bottom line is as long as you know the salt is in range and it is making chlorine then life is good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.