Switching from a Dolphin to a Pool Blaster - am I crazy?

andieb

Apr 4, 2023
Prosperity SC
I could use some help from those that know much more than me about pool vacuums. We have a brand new, in-ground, fiberglass pool - installed in March. After the initial start-up I've been pretty hands-off with it. I test twice a week and throw the Dolphin (Explorer E30) in once a week (maybe twice if it's windy). Today the power supply died on the Dolphin just over two months after we bought it. Would I be crazy to consider returning it to Home Depot and replacing it with a Pool Blaster? My pool is small - 12x25 (around 7,000 gallons) with two seats and stairs that the robot doesn't clean anyway. It has a lot of curves that the Dolphin struggles with, too, so I wind up brushing around the perimeter of the bottom before running it anyway. I don't mind working on the pool because I find it relaxing, but I don't want caring for it to become too much of a chore. For the price of the Dolphin I could buy a Pool Blaster and the volleyball/basketball combo I've been eyeing for the kids and still come out about $500 ahead. Would I be crazy to replace the Dolphin with a handheld vacuum? Are there any positives or negatives I'm overlooking?

Welcome to TFP.
The only downside is the manual labor with the pool blaster. If you find peace in doing that then your logic is great to purchase some pool toys for the family and have money leftover for a family event.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.