Swimming in green water ugh !!!!!!!HELP!!!

WOW!!!!!i just added the stabalizer as well as some bleach. used the stocking for the satabilzer massaged it over the inlet. decided to use the"Sock it" so mixed it in with the remaining 1/2" cya........BAD IDEA!!!!!! Accidently droped it in the pool and while fishing it out came a loud BANG!! BANG!!! got it out. Dosed it with water. Was leting of an awful odor but seemed to be ok. Moral of that story dont mix chemicals. However my not so sure wife and me being a hero doesnt seem to be happening yet lol :)
The sock it contains 65% SC where as the bleach said guarentee 3%
I used i sock it (good for 10,000 l ) and two bleach. Hope all goes well!!!!

Be sure you know what you are putting in your pool! I looked up the Sock-it. It is a calcium hypochlorite product, and as you have found out, it does not play well with other pool chems! You must wait at least 30 minutes between additions of chemicals to your water. I hope you did not put the stocking of CYA and Sock it in your trash can! I'm not sure of the best way to dispose of it, hopefully Chem geek or one of the other chemical experts will know what to do with it. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.