SwimKleen ATV (Two Wheeler) Not Covering Entire Pool Area

LTSmash

Nov 26, 2023
Brisbane
Hey TFP Experts,

TLDR: The pool cleaner ATV isn't cleaning the entire area of the pool. What else can I check?

I'm very fortunate to be a new pool owner after moving in and am admittedly an absolute rookie. Am here to seek advise from all of your pool expertise.
The pool is approx 50k litres with what I think is a Zodiac Clearwater Duo chlorinator which seems to to be controlling the pool pump.

The PoolCleaner / Swimkleen ATV is not covering the entire area of the pool It only seems to only be dancing around the deep end of the pool. It barely climbs the walls or refuses to go to the higher shallow end of the pool. See Pics.

I suspect there isn't enough suction to power the ATV cleaner up the walls. I checked the vacuum plate in the skimmer box which has a "Fast / Slow" valve. I've turned it up all the way to max fast however it hasn't changed the ATV coverage at all.

I opened up the ATV cleaner and removed the debris and leaves which were caught in the cogs and wheels. When I manually turn the wheels it seems to be latching onto the gears and rotating correctly.

There feels like stong suction back to the pump from the skimmer box. I've also checked the hoses for any obstruction, which it all looks clear.
Is there anything else I can check to see why the ATV doesn't cover the rest of the pool?

Happy to include more pictures or details when asked.
Big thank-you all, looking forward to hearing your insights!

Cleaning Area Only.jpg

Filter and Pump.jpg

Pool Cleaner Two Wheel.jpg

Zodiac Clearwater Duo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received some advice that it might be the pool hose which could be too heavy.

I tried removing half the hose just to see if it would at least make a difference, no change :(

If anyone else has any ideas would be keen to take them on!

Cheers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.