SWG will only run at 50%

Aug 28, 2013
Newport, NC
Hi Everyone,
I have a 22' above ground with a CircuPool SJ20 SWG on a Hayward 1.0 HP pump.
I had a LOT of algae and debris most of the winter due to hurricane Florence. I wont go thru all the details of that nightmare, so lets just say right now the pool is sparkling clean
Free chlorine is around 2.5. Alkalinity, salt, ph... ALL my numbers .... are between low to good, except ph which is dead on.

My problem is my SWG just isn't working right. it will only run at 50% and just isn't producing enough chlorine.
I keep getting the start of some algae, so I shock it. It goes away for about a week.
If you are familiar with this system, it only has a warning light that looks like an exclamation point when it is not working correctly.
Flow of water is excellent. Salt is at 3100-3200 ppm. Plates are not noticeably dirty or corroded. Water temp is 85 degrees. System is about 3 yrs old.

But if I turn it up past 50%, in EXACTLY 1 minute and 32 seconds, it quits producing.
Do I simply need new cells? I REALLY thought this generator would work longer than 3 years! (could be 4 years, I can't remember this stuff on a year to year basis!)

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve,

The CircuPool site says the minimum salt level for an SJ model is 3500+ Not sure that would make any difference but something to think about...

Does it come back on at all after it shuts off? What about super-chlorinate mode ??

Have you called the seller?

Thanks,

Jim R.

The documentation does say 3500 but mine will produce chlorine well below that, 2800-3000 at least.

I agree with Jim, just call them. I recently had an issue and they were easy to speak to on the phone and resolved my issue very quickly. [email protected] as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.