SWG sensor and Taylor salt test discrepancy......SWG shutdown

donivan

Mar 9, 2021
Houston
Just went to go test my pool and there is no chlorine! I noticed something was off when some of the pool corner looked yellow. My SWG sensor measures 1700 and I am measuring 3200 ppm with the Taylor test. The SWG shutoff automatically and my system has "very low salt".

Do you guys think it's the SWG or test kit? In the past it has been close but it's off by quite a bit. I guess I can get a different type of test to verify. I just noticed amazon sells these electronic testers and some have good reviews. I think I'm going to order one of those to see what it reads.

What model SWG are we discussing? Your signature says Pentair system but then Goldline Pro Logic controller.

How old is your cell?

What is the serial number of your cell?

My guess is your cell is depleted and needs to be replaced.

• Report all readings when you..
    • Go to the diagnostic screen, note the readings and then press the + button to reverse the polarity.
    • When the new numbers appear, see what they are.
    • Then, press + again and note the new readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?

What model SWG are we discussing? Your signature says Pentair system but then Goldline Pro Logic controller.

How old is your cell?

What is the serial number of your cell?

My guess is your cell is depleted and needs to be replaced.

• Report all readings when you..
    • Go to the diagnostic screen, note the readings and then press the + button to reverse the polarity.
    • When the new numbers appear, see what they are.
    • Then, press + again and note the new readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?
Thanks for replying. The SWG is: Replacement cell compatible with Hayward® AquaRite® - CircuPool® CIR-GEN15 (Aftermarket Cell) and is 2.5 years old.

As for the serial number unfortunately it's exposed to the elements and not entirealy readable. CELL: MOOEE??....the first letter (M) is the only legible one. Serial number in unreadable....ends in ???A5D??W?2070010

Negative starts around -7.4 A/3500 PPM and stabilizes around -5.1 A/2000 PPM.
Positive starts at +6.6 A/3000 PPM around quickly drops and stabilizes around 3.5 A/1200 PMM.

2.5 years in Houston for an aftermarket cell is around the life I would expect.

If there was any warranty left on the cell make a warranty claim.

Replace the cell.

Reactions: donivan
When I bought the home with the pool I installed the SWG myself so I have never replaced the unit. Do I replace the entire SWG or is there a replaceable part within the SWG?

Also should I get a larger unit since this one only lasted 2.5 years?

Your signature shows a Goldline Pro Logic so that has the SWCG power/controller built in. You just need an Aquarite T15.

If you wish to spend less money, you can get a non OEM cell. But expect a shorter life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.