Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hi,

Looking for some feedback/guidance on the plumbing I did. It's not glued yet so I can alter it if necessary.

12 inches from supply side valve to pump
Pump -> check valve -> filter -> to heater/heater bypass** -> flow meter -> swg

**If I bypass heater then I have a check valve to prevent it from going into the heater.
Aslo, the wiring is throwing me as I'm trying to install a new wifi timer.

Picture of previous timer: pump & heater. Pump & heater going into #2 and line into #1.
Breaker has 30 amp double pole.

Appears I'm at 120v since I don't have a 2nd hot (will verify via multimeter this week).

As such, I'm looking at either buying a 2nd timer and hooking the heater up to that. First one will have pump and swg. Pic of diagram I would use (once 115v confirmed) - control two 120v. Thank for the guidance!

Attachments

• IMG_20230416_105923.jpg
    IMG_20230416_105923.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20230402_152142.jpg
    IMG_20230402_152142.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2023-04-16-14-49-17-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-16-14-49-17-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 32
Looks like you are using DWV 90's with shallow hubs and not Schedule 40 pressure rated 90's. Read about the difference in PVC Repair - Further Reading

Pump -> check valve -> filter -> to heater/heater bypass** -> flow meter -> swg

Why do you have a Check Valve between the pump and filter? There is no need for that.

**If I bypass heater then I have a check valve to prevent it from going into the heater.

Show us a pic of the left side of your equipment pad with the heater and bypass plumbing.

As such, I'm looking at either buying a 2nd timer and hooking the heater up to that.

What model heater are we discussing?

Heaters don't like being controlled by a switch on the high voltage.

Reactions: dmoks
Thanks. I do have some dwv 90s as lowes didn't have 90* 40. I didn't realize I couldn't use it! Glad I made this post then. I'll swing by an HD and see if they have them.

I read on here to add a check valve between the filter and pump to prevent backflow into the pump. If I can find the thread I'll add it.

Heater is a Raypak pool heater p-r406a-en. If I don't need a timer then great. I rarely use the heater as it is but would prefer to flip a switch for it.

Thanks. I do have some dwv 90s as lowes didn't have 90* 40. I didn't realize I couldn't use it! Glad I made this post then. I'll swing by an HD and see if they have them.

HD rarely has them. Order them from supplyhouse.com and get them in a day or two.

I read on here to add a check valve between the filter and pump to prevent backflow into the pump. If I can find the thread I'll add it.

Wherever you read it it is wrong.

Heater is a Raypak pool heater p-r406a-en. If I don't need a timer then great. I rarely use the heater as it is but would prefer to flip a switch for it.

Power the heater from the pump CB and timer.

My HD has oodles and oodles of Sch. 40 elbows, fittings, etc. Lowes never has anything. If you have one nearby, I'd check there first.

You're not likely going to find sched. 40 sweep 90s at HD. They are mostly a pool specialty item. A good pool store should have what you need.
A quick internet search brought up Leslie's Pool that, as odd as it seems, has the lowest price for them.

Swap the position of the flow switch and the cell. The flow swith needs more straight pipe before it than you have. The cell counts toward that straight pipe.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmoks
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.