Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Howdy
SWG hasn’t really been working due to low temps but recently it’s warmed up round these parts. Took a glance and the SWG needs maintenance light was on. Turned all breakers off in my intellicenter and cleaned the IC40. All calcium gone. Viola! Hooked everything up and now I have no lights on my IC40.

Now, here’s things that I could’ve screwed up:
1. I didn’t turn off the breaker to the intellicenter while doing this so there was power but not sure how the IC40 gets power if the pump is off but that’s why I’m here
2. I ‘upgraded’ to the other Pentair app
3. My salt levels say 0 which is erroneous but considering there was a fair amount of calcium scale and the temps were cold til recently I can see how the computer would’ve read that as 0. I don’t want to add salt as I’m waiting for my package with all my test kits from TFP to arrive. Spring sale! I thought the light would flash low salt if there was low salt similar to low flow and all that jazz.

Please advise if I should order a new swg and get it over with or what.

Thanks in advance!

Use liquid chlorine until you can accurately measure your salt and other levels.

Double check that you hooked everything back up correctly.

Reactions: papadoppa
Use liquid chlorine until you can accurately measure your salt and other levels.

Double check that you hooked everything back up correctly.
I did check connections. I disconnected at the bottom of the intellicenter and reconnected. I turned all intella breakers off then on.

I still get no lights on the swg. I’ve never experienced the absence of indicating lights. Have you?

Do you have the "Pool" circuit active? The cell won't have power unless it is.
Thank you. New app 🤷‍♀️ I had pump on but not pool circuit which is on me.

I don’t like the home app. It always failed with my prowler vacuum and I suspect it’s not getting any better. Not stoked about moving but oh well.

Thank you for your help

Reactions: pjt