Wilmywood, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
I have the Pureline 60,000 gallon SWG for my 28,000 gallon vinyl liner pool. I purchased it from Inyo Pools and installed it in 2019 and love the ease. Last summer, it stopped generating and the lights were going crazy. Inyo said I needed to replace the control board. It was an easy switch and it worked fine again...Except.. when the pump shuts off (on a timer), the SWG stops generating as it should, and the check cell and check salt lights come on and stay on. But when the pump starts up again, the SWG doesn't turn back on and those lights stay lit. Pic attached. I have to manually turn off the SWG switch and turn it back on and then everything is working again. A real pain. My salt is 3400, my cell is clean, chlorine is 6.5, so I know it is generating. Inyo told me it "might" be the flow switch. It wasn't a problem before I switched out the bad control board. Any ideas?

Attachments

• swg.jpg
    swg.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 9
The unit should have the power removed when the pump is not running. How are you controlling that?

I am not controlling it. The pump has a built in timer and is supposed to start every 24 hours (if I remember correctly - it was installed in 2019 to replace the old pump), but the feed to the swg is always on. It was installed like this and I did not have this issue until the control board was replaced. I have a timer from before I had the new pump, so I could use that again and see if that fixes the problem. thanks.

The SWCG should always be powered completely off when there is no water flow. A SWCG can explode if hydrogen gas builds up. Not likely, but does happen.

I just found your posts in this thread from 2018 which is also very helpful to help me fix it.

Reactions: mknauss
It looks like it was wired correctly, but I had pulled the timer pins for some reason so the SWG never shut off. I will put them back in and see if that fixes my problem.

The SWCG should always be powered completely off when there is no water flow. A SWCG can explode if hydrogen gas builds up. Not likely, but does happen.
What is the function of the flow sensor if it is not to precipitate "depowering" the cell when there is no flow?

The flow switch is the secondary safety device. It should not be relied upon as the sole safety device.
Either use a separate timer to control the SWG or use a pool automation system to control the SWG.
A timer or pool automation system is the primary safety device for a SWG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The flow switch is the secondary safety device. It should not be relied upon as the sole safety device.
Either use a separate timer to control the SWG or use a pool automation system to control the SWG.
A timer or pool automation system is the primary safety device for a SWG.
That seems reasonable. If I buy a compupool swcg with an integrated flow sensor does that mean I will have 2 functioning sensors when I rig it with my original Jandy plc1400 trisensor? The compupool unit seems to just hook into the power supply and apparently has no intrinsic electronics so I don't see how it works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.