Glastonbury CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I recently bought a Circupool RJ-45+ with the vertical installation kit but haven't installed it yet. All my piping is 1.5". Didn't fully think it through with the vertical installation kit and it is 2" pipe.

My hope is to install the SWG in the section right after the filter before it splits to the 2 returns but haven't measured yet so may have to do some rearranging if it doesn't fit there.

Assuming it does fit would there be any issues expanding to 2" after the filter go vertical through flow sensor and swg and then reducing back to 1.5 at the flex pipe?

Attachments

• 20190921_164819.jpg
    20190921_164819.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 34
Same here, bought the vertical kit and it was 2". Pool pipe also mostly 1.5" flex PVC. My cell is after the heater, and that is 1.5" out until I get to the vertical kit. An extra foot or so of 2' PVC from your filter to the vertical kit should not be an issue.

You have a couple things going on that need to be replaced :)

1. The pipe elbows you have now are DWV (drain, waist and vent) PVC and it is not for pressure use.. It can and will blow out... So all the elbows from the flex both to the pump and from the filter will need to be replaced.. That is actually a good thing because you can add everything in the way you want.. It looks like the straight and unions are schedule 40 but make sure...

If in lowes the DWV are on one end and the schedule 40 are on the other end.. schedule 40 has a deeper socket for gluing and pressure..

If you get a 3 way Jandy Neverlube valve and install on the filter side you can go from 2 inch to 1.5 inch easy.. Jandy 3-Way Never Lube Valve, 1.5" - 2"

this is a 1.5 to 2 inch slip :)

I would re-pipe the whole thing and forego the vertical installation kit. You have plenty of room to change the orientation of both the pump and filter, which would create a longer run of straight pipe coming out of the filter for your RJ45+ and flow switch.

Unfortunately right now I don't have time to completely dig up the lines all the way to the returns so I'm looking for a solution for something I will likely redo again when I have to deal with the remaining flex pipe. I know the flex pipe is a "when" it will start leaking and not an "if" but for moment I'm going to take the chance until I can catch up on some other things so I can do it right.

I replaced the suction line 2 years ago just as I was getting to know the pool and there is likely another dwv fitting or 2 in the ground as well as a "band aid" fix to connect to the skimmer. The 90s based on an old thread of mine I think were the only non sch40 items there.

I could re-pipe the above ground piping to fix the dwv stuff and add the swg keeping the connections to both suction and pressure where they are.

Was the idea of the 3 way valve to make the transition easier and side benefit of creating swg bypass if needed? This would still mean I'm going from 1. 5" to 2" and back to 1.5", is that OK and is there a location that would be better to do than another?

Also to note the pump is at the absolute max distance from the electrical panel it is going so it can go left but not right. Electric panel has no slack to move as well.

Attachments

• 20200609_175536.jpg
    20200609_175536.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 13
This would still mean I'm going from 1. 5" to 2" and back to 1.5", is that OK and is there a location that would be better to do than another?
Yeah you can go 1.5 to 2 inch for the purpose of plumbing the SWG.. no biggie. And that straight run after your filer should be perfect place for it. It just takes a reducing coupler to change the size of the pipe.

The 3 way was just to make it easier and have the ability to make 1 or the other return more or less flow... If no need then a 1.5 inch to 2 inch slip will work perfect :)

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I think for now I'm just going to try and fit the swg into the current space after the filter and then eventually plan the bigger project of replumbing whole system some point hopefully on my terms and not when it decides to create a mess

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.