SWG Panel Turning Itself Off

Rob73

Oct 27, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Hi. I have a Compupool CPSC36. There is power to the SWG panel, but sometimes it turns itself off, so the cell doesnt actually run.

Is this a bad cell? Panel issue?

I know Compupool is out of business in the US, so hoping the experts here can help.

What do you have to do to turn things back on?

Compu Pool still seems to be sold...

The manufacturer is in Australia.

Show us pictures of your system so we can see what you have.

Attachments

• CPSCManual.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I just need to manually hit the power button on the panel and it works fine. The problem is that when the filter pump turns on, sometimes the cell panel will be on, and others it has shut itself off.

Compupool ceased sales and support in the US a few years ago. I have the CPSC36, which is pretty old at this point.

Rob,

In general, the SWCG system should not get any AC power when the pump is off.

Normally this is done by the Pump/Filter relay. I assume you have a single speed pump, if you are still using your CPSC36.. :mrgreen:

If the pump is running, then we know that the pump/filter relay is closed, so in theory it should also be sending AC power to the salt system.

If your pump and SWCG are wired for 120 volts, it is possible that half the relay is being used to power the pump and the other half of the relay is being used to power the SWCG. If that is true, then it could be a bad relay.

If your pump is being powered by 240 volts then it could be a loose connection of one of the wires going from the pump/filter to the SWCG system.

You really need to use a volt meter and see if you have AC power to the SWCG system when it appears to be off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Lol. Yes, guilty as charged on the pump speed.

Talked to Compupool in Australia. They said its was a keypad interface, which is a cheap part, but there's none in stock in the US.

Think I might be forced to get a new SWG system. Phoey.

Update for anyone that might see his who also has an older Compupool. They are shipping me the part directly from Australia. Price with shipping is cheaper than if I got in domestically, and it will arrive in 3 days from being shipped. Amazing, and fingers crossed this is the right fix.

Thanks to all who replied. Appreciate the advice.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.