SWG operation

brunnesa

Bronze Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
Tuttle Ok
I just purchased a Circupool RJ 60+ and I have a question about the best way to operate. Is it better to run it longer duration at a lower power or higher power for a shorter duration? I know I need to generate x amount of chlorine and can get there either way. Thanks

Your choice. Depends on what the pump needs to run for otherwise. Pool cleaners, skimming, etc. The SWCG does not care.

I just purchased a Circupool RJ 60+ and I have a question about the best way to operate. Is it better to run it longer duration at a lower power or higher power for a shorter duration? I know I need to generate x amount of chlorine and can get there either way. Thanks

To be accurate, the SWG runs at the same "power" and generates the same amount of CL whenever it is generating. What you adjust is the % of time it is generating, not power.

Generating X amount of CL uses the cell the same way regardless of time it takes to generate it.

To be accurate, the SWG runs at the same "power" and generates the same amount of CL whenever it is generating. What you adjust is the % of time it is generating, not power.

Generating X amount of CL uses the cell the same way regardless of time it takes to generate it.
Interesting. It does not have a timer in it, so how does it relate the output to time?

Interesting. It does not have a timer in it, so how does it relate the output to time?

It has an internal timer that starts when it is on and has water flow. Not sure what the RJ cycle is but let's say it is 10 minutes. When set to 50% it will generate for 5 minutes, rest for 5 minutes, then repeat.

Brun,

That's a huge SWG for your size pool. But no worry, bigger is better (longer cell life) so long as you can control to the required level of chlorine production. Well above our minimum recommendation of 2x or more the rated pool size. I think your pool is about 8000 gal. So if you set the SWG at 10% you'll add 2.3 ppm with 12 hr run time. You can do the calculation yourself in Pool Math. Just set the disinfection to SWG and then use the drop down for "effects of adding". Select you brand and model by clicking on the magnifying glass then play around with the variables. I've found this to be very accurate.

I hope that helps.

Chris

The pool is 13,594 gallons. My pool always uses around 7 to 8 ppm of chlorine in the peak of summer, so I wanted to make sure it would cover that easily. I will put the SWCG on a separate timer if I cannot get the chlorine output needed during my pump run times. Just run it shorter times. Bigger is always better lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.