Central Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
My first winter with my first pool. As my water temperature drops (about 60 deg F now) I'm going to shut down the SWG and maintain as a liquid chlorine pool.

My water is good shape now (thanks TFP!) with my cell still running. Free chlorine at 5.

When I shut it down however, my CYA will still be at 70.

According to the recommended levels, that CYA is too high for a liquid chlorine pool. Should I raise my chlorine to meet the "recommended levels" chart for a liquid chlorine pool, attempt to dilute the pool to drop cya, or just maintain where it is until spring?

Current # with cell running
pH=7.8
FC-5
CYA=70
CH=275
TA=70
Salt=3200

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Should I raise my chlorine to meet the "recommended levels" chart for a liquid chlorine pool,
Yes, that's all you need to do. As Allen noted stick close to the chart. The FC should hold a little longer in the cooler water.

It was the asterisk with "not recommended" (for chlorine) that gave me concern...

Yeah, it is not recommended as a long term strategy but for two to three months in the cold winter it is fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.