Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
13k in ground. Swim Pure Plus swg.
I’m looking for help. The only light that comes on is “power”. The cell is due an inspection in a couple weeks. ( every 3 months). 37.4 volts 0 Amps. 0 salt readout. Pool store salt level checked today 3451. Last week 3290. Chlorine level down from 1.35 to 0.1 today

The Swg is not generating chlorine for days.
That being the case, be sure to get some liquid chlorine in the water right away. I just noticed your note above about the FC being close to zero. You certainly don't need an algae bloom headache. I would add a good 5-6 ppm of liquid chlorine then continue to maintain your FC level as a non-salt pool according to the FC/CYA Levels until you can get the SWG resolved.

Not familiar with run cycle?
SWGs generally operate in cycles. For example, it may produce chlorine for 60 minutes, then it may rest for 90 minutes. The times vary based on make/model and output setting. But if you know your SWG has been out of service for a while, I suppose you wont' see any cycling of the SWG at all.

SWGs generally operate in cycles. For example, it may produce chlorine for 60 minutes, then it may rest for 90 minutes. The times vary based on make/model and output setting. But if you know your SWG has been out of service for a while, I suppose you wont' see any cycling of the SWG at all.
Yes that’s correct, it hasn’t worked for days. I put in a gallon liquid chlorine a few hours ago. I’ll keep rechecking chlorine levels. I’m here looking to gain information on what the cause is so I can get this Hayward 940 swp up & working again. If you look closely possibly it’s this transformer, the bottom of it has peeled away from it.

Attachments

• IMG_4121.jpeg
    IMG_4121.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.