Palestine, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
We have the K2006C and need several refills. Our SWG is installed and should be hooked up next week.
I want to get a new test kit for salt water.
The test kit website is a little confusing to me.
Which test kit for SW will test for the most things?
Thanks guys!

Reactions: D&P
Be cautious about using the salt test reagents anywhere but outside or in the garage on a utility surface. Avoid staining your hands and protect your clothes. Dispose test liquids properly and not into your white enamel sink. :shock:
Oh no, it sounds like you are speaking from experience 😢
Thank you for the warning!

Reactions: Oly
Having the SmartStir is beneficial. It makes testing easier, consistent and repeatable.
While it may initially sound like a gimmick, those who have one wouldn't be without it.

Having the SmartStir is beneficial. It makes testing easier, consistent and repeatable.
While it may initially sound like a gimmick, those who have one wouldn't be without it.
Thank you!
At the recommendation of you guys here, I got the speed stir last year when I ordered my original kit from the site on here. I’m so glad, because it’s great. I’m going to order another with the second kit I buy and eventually I hope to be able to set up a tool box and have a separate vial for each test, if that makes sense. I’d like to be able to start teaching the kids to test and graph results as a homeschool project. I never thought I’d say this, but I’m really enjoying learning the chemistry portion of pool keeping. Don’t tell anyone I said that. With my pump having been out for so long after our ice storm, I have a feeling I’m learning more than I want to right now.
😂

• Love
Reactions: proavia and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have the K2006C and need several refills. Our SWG is installed and should be hooked up next week.
I want to get a new test kit for salt water.
The test kit website is a little confusing to me.
Which test kit for SW will test for the most things?
Thanks guys!
I purchased the Tf-Pro last year and converted to SWG as well and just purchased the salt water test to add to my case.

I love the layout of the directions on the k-2006c, but couldn’t find the need to purchase an entire new set and case just for the instructions.

Reactions: KeriCarter
I purchased the Tf-Pro last year and converted to SWG as well and just purchased the salt water test to add to my case.

I love the layout of the directions on the k-2006c, but couldn’t find the need to purchase an entire new set and case just for the instructions.
I agree. The colored card and the directions in my K-2006C is so helpful. I prefer the blue tackle box style over the soft side container too.
I bought 2 oz refills and and the salt reagents today to add to mine.
I was going to buy the 2006C Salt, but Taylor wanted $350.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
I agree. The colored card and the directions in my K-2006C is so helpful. I prefer the blue tackle box style over the soft side container too.
I bought 2 oz refills and and the salt reagents today to add to mine.
I was going to buy the 2006C Salt, but Taylor wanted $350.
What did you end up doing?

P.s. you can buy the instructions from Taylor for $1.28 or print them on your own & laminate them. Be aware that the k2006 uses a different phenol red reagent than the tfkits because the comparator block is different though the process is the same.(5drops)

P.s. you can buy the instructions from Taylor for $1.28 or print them on your own & laminate them. Be aware that the k2006 uses a different phenol red reagent than the tfkits because the comparator block is different though the process is the same.(5drops)
Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.