Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hello-
Just went to Hope Depot to buy some LC and it was $9 a bottle! Wow. I am sure like everyone else they are thinking SWG. Just starting my research on this, and have a question on sizing. For my pool (15k) do i get somehting rated for 20k gallons? i see units costing anywhere from $800 to about $1500.

Any opinions on this one?

TIA!

TFPC recommends getting a SWCG that is rated for at least 2X your pool volume.
In your climate, I would suggest something along the the lines of the Circupool RJ45 or a Hayward Aquarite 940/T15

TFPC recommends getting a SWCG that is rated for at least 2X your pool volume.
In your climate, I would suggest something along the the lines of the Circupool RJ45 or a Hayward Aquarite 940/T15

Thanks Mike. I saw the RJ-30 for $1279, but discountsaltpool.com has an upgrade to RJ-45 for $1299.

On attached pic, I assume I can install on the red circle? Also, what else do i need? i have both 110 and 220 electricity right there.

Attachments

• new_filter1_rc.jpg
    new_filter1_rc.jpg
    682.2 KB · Views: 23
That should be a long enough span.
Sadly the IntelliSync you have will not control a SWCG otherwise it would be best to get a Pentair IntelliChlor 40.
You will need to find a way to remove the power to the SWCG when the pump is not running. So an additional timer or smart plug of some kind may be needed.

Reactions: Mdragger88
That should be a long enough span.
Sadly the IntelliSync you have will not control a SWCG otherwise it would be best to get a Pentair IntelliChlor 40.
You will need to find a way to remove the power to the SWCG when the pump is not running. So an additional timer or smart plug of some kind may be needed.
Yeah, was thinking about the automation. I do have two Intermatic timers against the wall that I do not use anymore. Used them from previous owner when it had single speed filter and a polaris with booster pump. I could hook it up to one of those.

I bought the Circupool RJ-45 yesterday for $1,299. Looking forward to getting it going.

Quick questions if I could. I thought you had to add salt to a SWG for it to make chlorine from the salt. (like a water softener) But I guess it takes the salt from the water and converts that? That is why you need to add salt to the pool......Assuming i initially get it to the recommended 3000 ppm, how often am I adding salt?

Also, does the salt sting eyes if you open them? (my kids always do it)
And how do i measure salt in the pool? Do we trust strips on this?

how often am I adding salt?
Salt is lost from splash out, overflow, etc. So you might add a bag or two a year.
Out of range pH or CC in the water is what irritates the eyes.
Get a K1766 test kit to measure the salinity of the pool. Be sure to test your existing pool water salinity prior to adding any salt to the water.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Quick questions if I could. I thought you had to add salt to a SWG for it to make chlorine from the salt. (like a water softener) But I guess it takes the salt from the water and converts that? That is why you need to add salt to the pool......Assuming i initially get it to the recommended 3000 ppm, how often am I adding salt?
Pools increase in salinity over time, even from other chemicals. Always best to test your salt level BEFORE adding more salt so you don't go too high. If you need to add salt, then water softener or solar salt is generally used. Unless you exchange water or have a pool leak, the salt doesn't go away.

No. It's not nearly as strong as the ocean. Many SWG owners love the feel of their salt water. Test with a Taylor K-1766 drop test kit for best results.

You should be happy with the RJ-45. You can see my RJ-45 install link below in my signature. Good luck!

Pools increase in salinity over time, even from other chemicals. Always best to test your salt level BEFORE adding more salt so you don't go too high. If you need to add salt, then water softener or solar salt is generally used. Unless you exchange water or have a pool leak, the salt doesn't go away.

No. It's not nearly as strong as the ocean. Many SWG owners love the feel of their salt water. Test with a Taylor K-1766 drop test kit for best results.

You should be happy with the RJ-45. You can see my RJ-45 install link below in my signature. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply. My install will by almost identical to yours. You can see my pic above. I just need to wire it to my Intermatic timer, and make sure it aligns with my pump schedule. I am hoping my current pump schedule will allow for enough chlorine generation. what do you think?

9am-11 am @ 2800
11am-7pm @ 1400
7pm-9pm @ 2200

I am hoping my current pump schedule will allow for enough chlorine generation. what do you think?
Perhaps. It will depend on what output % you set the module to, but I don't see any problems. Remember that the pump's rpm setting doesn't effect chlorine production, it (water) just needs to be flowing. A steady low speed rpm should keep the SWG flow switch engaged.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.