SWG Cell Issue

kenpee

Jul 4, 2021
Florida
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello, could use some advice.

Current pool guy says our salt cell needs to be replaced. It was installed new in 2021 though so it seems fast.

Current state:
- All 3 lights are green but 'ERR CELL' displays.

Prior to getting to this state:
1. 3rd light (FLOW) was Red instead of green.
2. Heater also happened to say 'NO FLOW'
3. I toggled Pool/Spa twice, and then heater flow was resolved and 3rd light turned from Red to Green, but with 'ERR CELL' showing since then.

Think the cell needs to be replaced? Is that common after just 3 years?

Attachments

• IMG_5197.JPG
    IMG_5197.JPG
    506.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5198.JPG
    IMG_5198.JPG
    495.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5199.JPG
    IMG_5199.JPG
    500.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5201.JPG
    IMG_5201.JPG
    859.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5202.JPG
    IMG_5202.JPG
    690 KB · Views: 20
Does it make chlorine? Do you test your water independently of your "pool guy"? When folks use a pool service we always recommend the owner check their water themselves also. Many times we have heard of pool services letting the pool water get to such a way that is damaging to the pool surface and equipment. Its in your best interest to oversee your pool's water quality.

Pool Care Basics

Reactions: woodyp
Ken,

Not many of us have the Auto-Pilot system that you have... :mrgreen:

That said, I took a quick look at the manual, and it appears it is working..

You have all green lights which means the salt level is ok, the flow is ok and that the system is making chlorine.

I could not find the same error codes that it appears to have, so maybe it is in a set up page or ???

Can you adjust your output using the up and down buttons??

Why does your pool guy think it is bad?

Have you turned off the SWCG system's AC power and then turned the power back on??

Your pics don't show "Cell Error" at least that I can tell.. The manual does not show a code that says "Cell Error".

Look at the attached manual and see if you can tell what actual error is showing up.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ken,

Not many of us have the Auto-Pilot system that you have... :mrgreen:

That said, I took a quick look at the manual, and it appears it is working..

You have all green lights which means the salt level is ok, the flow is ok and that the system is making chlorine.

I could not find the same error codes that it appears to have, so maybe it is in a set up page or ???

Can you adjust your output using the up and down buttons??

Why does your pool guy think it is bad?

Have you turned off the SWCG system's AC power and then turned the power back on??

Your pics don't show "Cell Error" at least that I can tell.. The manual does not show a code that says "Cell Error".

Look at the attached manual and see if you can tell what actual error is showing up.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Sorry, it actually cycles through displaying: "OPEN CELL Err"

Sorry, it actually cycles through displaying: "OPEN CELL Err"
I turned it off at the breaker, and switched it back on. Now it's display 051, without an error. So I guess it's OK, and that I should find a new pool guy. I get the feeling he's OK at routine maintenance but doesn't understand equipment well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support