SWG Better?

New pool build, need to decide on CWG, I have been adding bleach daily for about 2 months now. Not that bad, I just have to stay on top of it. Is the SWG worth the 2k price? Can someone give me an overview of what you have to do with it, ex. add salt how often, test any water? etc? I get my chlorine bleach at Walmart and it is around $3.64 per gallon. I think if I am calculating correctly, I am using 2 gallons per week.

Not necessarily looking for convenience but more stability in my FC.

The number one benefit of a SWG is the convenience it offers by not having to buy, store, and add bleach to the pool.

Testing is still required to make sure the water is ready for swimming and everything is working as it should. You want to keep the CSI a bit negative to prevent scaling inside the cell. This might require acid additions depending on your fill water numbers.

Salt is only needed when water is lost due to backwashing, splash out, etc. In 7 years I only needed to add 3 bags of salt.

For me, I will always have a SWG pool.

I'm a new SWG owner and my cost for 40K system was only about $1300 installed and warranted by pool store may 4th.

so you will have initial salt and CYA, then I have had to add acid pretty regularly but that's about it. I really like having my cell size way oversized for my pool (4x) so I could get away with running my SWG for under 2 hours a day if I wanted. It's recomended in here to have one 2x-3x the size of your pool so 40K - 60K for you. My pool is extremely maintenance free (PH seems to have just stabilized). I test FC/PH about 3 times a week make adjustments to my SWG % depending on weather and FC, I have been adding a little Muriatic acid every week until this week (hoping it stays steady now). SALT CYA an CH, stay pretty consistent but I would recommend getting a salt test so you can always know what your actual salt is.

Like others I'm really glad i converted, I love my water quality, clarity, and how easy to maintain it is.

I was just quoted around $1600 by several local pool companies for either a Pentair or a Hayward system. Definitely going to go SWG when I open next spring. Now I just have to decide if I want the Hayward AQR-15 or the Pentair IC-60 . The IC60 has a bigger cell but I really like the automation of the Hayward system (40K) gallons.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.