Fairfax, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hey all- I have a Pentair IC-60 SWG which does not integrate with my iAquaLink 2.0 automation. Is there any way I can add a separate automation for the SWG such that it still only turns on/off when the pump is running but allows me to control the settings remotely?

No, an Aqualink panel cannot control an IntelliChlor % settings.

You would need a Pentair automation system. They have lower level systems that might work. Look at the IntelliConnect.

Reactions: Sidemoves
Is there anything I can purchase separately to add on so I can control remotely?
Why do you need to control the IntelliChlor remotely?

Once you have the SWG dialed in it may need adjustment once every 4-6 weeks.

Was just thinking of remotely controlling output after parties, storms, etc to increase chlorine until I get home to more closely manage. But you’re right, the usecase is limited so probably not worth making any changes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Was just thinking of remotely controlling output after parties, storms, etc to increase chlorine until I get home to more closely manage. But you’re right, the usecase is limited so probably not worth making any changes.

Have a few jugs of liquid chlorine for your wife to pour into the pool for that use case.

I always keep a few jugs of liquid chlorine to have on hand if my SWG dies at a bad time.

Reactions: Sidemoves
Bringing this up again bc I’d really like to find a way to control my IC-60 with my aqua link. The main reason being I’m lazier than I thought haha

Anyone know of a sure way to integrate the two? I tried to research IntelliConnect but can’t find any info that tells me it would work for sure…

It would be a bit cludgy...but if you have an extra relay available in Aqualink, could you route power to the IC60 through it, set IC60 to 100% output, and control "effective % output" by adjusting the on/off schedule for the relay? You would also probably want to route power to the IC60 through the Filter Pump relay, in series, as an added safety measure to make sure that your SWG won't activate unless your pump is on.

I'm not familiar with the IC60, and this approach would only work if the IC60 can retain its % output settings when power is cut to the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.