I’ve had CYA at 60 but I stop seeing dot at 30 to 40 so a test strip to confirm would be great!
Test strips simply don't tell you squat about the actual value. Maybe, just maybe they will get you in the ballpark, but even then they are vague at best.

Screenshot_20230905_152107_Chrome.jpg

*then* factor in the inaccuracy and they're worthless.

Reactions: proavia
What strips do you use to determine it? I’ve had CYA at 60 but I stop seeing dot at 30 to 40 so a test strip to confirm would be great!

But have you really had CYA at 60, or is that based on pool store testing? If the dot disappears at 40, your CYA is 40.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thank you all for your help! My PB is saying that keeping my chlorine around 9 to 10ppm could bleach the EcoFinish which he said is most similar to fiberglass. Is this really high enough chlorine to bleach the pool?

Thank you all for your help! My PB is saying that keeping my chlorine around 9 to 10ppm could bleach the EcoFinish which he said is most similar to fiberglass. Is this really high enough chlorine to bleach the pool?
No - not with those levels of cya in the pool.
that recommendation likely doesn’t take cya into account.

Reactions: yabby32
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.