Super green pool & problems with pool store suggestions

I would start a new one and make sure the title is as eye catching for the problem as this one was. Here is a like to the purrfect place for it:

Hehe, loving the cat puns. I'm assuming you're a cat owner? I have 3 myself :D

As for the pool light, I tested the fixture and did not get continuity so I believe it will need replacing. It's one of the old Hayward starlight series which was from like 1972-1992 so it's definitely pretty old. For now, we'll probably just put the old one back in and not worry about it.

I will provide another update on the status of the algae problem sometime this weekend.

We do "hospice" for our local shelter. When they have a cat that older than 12 yrs they call us to see if we have room and time. They provide all of vet work. We just provide the soft place to sleep and a full food bowl. Well so far we are doing TOO good a job as most of them are still here! LOL Our oldest is so old no one knows how old he is. He came in at a guess of 18 yrs old! The INN is full for right now! We have a king sized bed so there will be room for us!

Kim:cat:

kim that is awesome!! I am so jealous and hope to be able to do the same type of thing one day! :cat::cat::cat:

I finally passed the OCLT!!

FC last night: 18
FC just before sunrise this morning: 17.5
CC: .5 (possibly a little less)
Clearness: I can clearly see the bottom of the pool on both ends.

Side note: Since the bottom of our liner is white, it's difficult to do a clearness test at the deep end if there is no debris. So what I'll do is drop the brush attached to the pole down to the deep end and if I can clearly see the brush, I'll consider it to be clear.

If the water is clear and calm and your eyes are sharp, yes you can.

We had one pool on here where they found a small diamond earring on the bottom of the deep end. They made everyone get out and turned the pump and such off. Once the water calmed down they could see it from the deck!

Bad news... I think I've finally found the source of all my troubles... After a nice weekend of finally being able to swim and the pool looking great, I've noticed a bit of greenness building up along the bottom.. I decided to investigate and check for any sources of hidden algae.

I checked the skimmers then the ladder... well I had cleaned the ladder really well a week or so ago after someone here suggested. Fast forward to tonight and i noticed a lot of fresh green algae growing under the steps and at the bottoms where the ladder meets the side of the pool.

I pulled the ladder away from the pool and noticed a tear in the liner and green algae was leaking out.. The tear isn't very big but I fear that this will be a costly repair. I'm hoping it hasn't caused too much damage.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OH NO! Any idea HOW the tear got there? Algae leaking out of it?? I hope there is not too much water behind it :(

It looks like the bottom of the ladder must have been putting too much pressure on the the liner. I'm assuming people using it to get in and out caused this.

Yeah algae was definitely coming out from behind the liner. It doesn't look like the liner has too much water behind it or is floating. I'm hoping the pressure of the weight of the water is keeping it sealed or something. I am going to try patching it tonight. Will update later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.