SUPER 11 PUMPS 1.5 hp TO Tristar 2.7 hp

rfrego

Mar 16, 2021
Adkins, TEXAS
I bought a house that has two Super 11 pumps. One of those is a variable pump. They are both 1.5hp. I assume one is supposed tp be used for the pool features and the other for regular filtering. So should I just shut off the VS Pool pump and only use that one when running features, or leave them both on. Just seems like a waste of money having 2 pumps. Would it be better to just get rid of super 11 pumps and but a Hayward Tristar 2.7 HP VS pump that should be able to handle filtering and the features? I think that pump cost about $1900, an idea how much install would be? Thank you!

What “pool features” does the second pump run?

Running a VS pump at low speed costs $1-$2 per day. I like to continuously filter and circulate the pool water and I use a SWG and need it to generate chlorine.

How do you chlorinate your pool?

Running a VS pump at low speed costs $1-$2 per day. I like to continuously filter and circulate the pool water and I use a SWG and need it to generate chlorine.

Hi, we have a huge waterfall and 2 fountain jets on each side of the pool. We use liquid chlorine mostly ( when it’s available” but also have a Pentair R171016 Rainbow 300 Automatic Chlorinator

How much flow in GPM does your large waterfall need?

What filter do you have? None is listed in your signature.

Does your water features pump run through a filter?

Do you have a heater?

Post pics of your equipment pad.

How much flow in GPM does your large waterfall need?

What filter do you have? None is listed in your signature.

Does your water features pump run through a filter?

Do you have a heater?

Post pics of your equipment pad.

Attachments

• IMG_2557.jpeg
    IMG_2557.jpeg
    793.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2558.jpeg
    IMG_2558.jpeg
    672 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2559.jpeg
    IMG_2559.jpeg
    563.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2560.jpeg
    IMG_2560.jpeg
    672.4 KB · Views: 16
I bought a house that has two Super 11 pumps. One of those is a variable pump. They are both 1.5hp. I assume one is supposed tp be used for the pool features and the other for regular filtering. So should I just shut off the VS Pool pump and only use that one when running features, or leave them both on. Just seems like a waste of money having 2 pumps. Would it be better to just get rid of super 11 pumps and but a Hayward Tristar 2.7 HP VS pump that should be able to handle filtering and the features? I think that pump cost about $1900, an idea how much install would be? Thank you!
Neither of those pumps is variable-speed. Two-speed, perhaps. Do you run both simultaneously for the water features?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.