Sunstone Pearl CL. Industries, advice needed!

Benwestpool

Jun 14, 2023
South Jersey
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi! We are building our pool and having a hard time deciding on a color. Our builder uses CL Industries but their site is not ideal with samples. I think we narrowed down our color to Blue Pearl and Grey Reef Pearl but can’t really find a ton of pictures. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated!!! I’m looking for a more “natural” blue color since we are having a natural rock waterfall put in and we live in a highly wooded area with a lot of pine trees. Our coping is bluestone. We have a sunshelf and spa, and the pool will be 3.5-6 ft. Also, do you think our tile will make a huge difference. Attached is a picture of the blue pearl with the bluestone coping and the color tile we picked out. They didn’t have a grey reef sample in the office.

Attachments

• IMG_5624.jpeg
    IMG_5624.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 23
Check this picture gallery that folks share their colors-

Maddie :flower:

Check this picture gallery that folks share their colors-

Maddie :flower:
Thanks! I’ve already checked this out without luck unfortunately. I’ve found more examples of blue pearl on the internet but not many of the grey reef pearl. The problem I have is that it’s so hard to tell from pictures unless you have enough of them from enough times of day and sun exposure. Also, reflections from the surrounding environment. It seems like blue pearl is more popular and not as many people use grey reef pearl. This also makes me wonder if there’s an issue with that color since it seems to be similar to French grey pebble tech, which is a popular color.

Thanks! I’ve already checked this out without luck unfortunately. I’ve found more examples of blue pearl on the internet but not many of the grey reef pearl. The problem I have is that it’s so hard to tell from pictures unless you have enough of them from enough times of day and sun exposure. Also, reflections from the surrounding environment. It seems like blue pearl is more popular and not as many people use grey reef pearl. This also makes me wonder if there’s an issue with that color since it seems to be similar to French grey pebble tech, which is a popular color.
Benwestpool - Did you have any luck finding pictures of Grey Reef Pearl or even the Crystalstones Gray Harbor? If you did, please share. If you chose the Grey Reef Pearl finish, please post pics when your pool is done.

The problem I have is that it’s so hard to tell from pictures unless you have enough of them from enough times of day and sun exposure. Also, reflections from the surrounding environment

Did you have any luck finding pictures of Grey Reef Pearl or even the Crystalstones Gray Harbor? I
You guys can sniff out all the pics you want. The truth is, 100 of them isn't enough. I had 2 liners that were considerably different shades and not only did they share 75% of the colors we saw, they flipped backwards sometimes too.

Here are

the 2 side by side

Screenshot_20230702_090951_Gallery.jpg

This is the dark liner

Screenshot_20230228_181551_Gallery.jpg

This is the light liner

Screenshot_20230228_182417_Gallery.jpg

No matter which way you go, you will rarely see what you expected. But you will LOVE everything you see if you were even remotely close to a color/finish you liked in the first place. When it's still that color at least. Sometimes it goes sideways.

Screenshot_20230702_091941_Gallery.jpg

20220824_183849.jpg

20220820_061113.jpg

20220729_062001.jpg

20220624_074420.jpg

Yes, very true. Any plaster, pebble or pool liner will look different depending on the environment. I was just curious if there were people who had actually used either of these finishes since they seem to be so elusive. Thanks anyway!

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.