Summer Escapes Pro Series 15' x 42" First Time Build

nazran- The kids in the pool make al the work worth it! Beautiful and I know you zonked out early as well. I [have a swim up bar next to my pool for the exact reason you say for drinks or snacks but also for my cell phone and at night I have solar lights on it. ( a few thin ones in a small flower pot) I did not build anything but I did do a trash pick up. Neighbor was tossing out a bar height round glass outdoor table. Asked if I could have it and she said yes as the chairs for it were bad. I did not need chairs just the table and I dragged that table down the road to my yard and set it next to the pool. Believe me that table comes in real handy!!

Update....

1. Underpowered 1000 GPH pump needs to be upgraded soon. I can immediately plug in replacement 1500GPH pump soon as funds are available.
2. Near daily use along with dust equals cloudyish water.... 1000GPH pump running 24 hours.
3. Need proper vacuum. I may need to siphon vacuum until then
4. Chemistry has not been an issue so far outside of chlorine being used up. Trying to find balance of how much and when to add..

Structurally I have had some settling,... the center hole I had my 2x4 driven down in probably sunk 3 inches. So in the very middle of the pool is about a 2 inch depression. Not all so bad because a lot of the fine dust particles seem to naturally fall there.

I have had settling of the soil around the paver footings as well. I am glad I went with the blue insulation under the pool as the paver fottings just feel like smooth rolling hills underfoot. No sharp edges. If I take pool down this year I think next year I will have sand brought in and compacted to raise it up and to help with what I assume is my next issue... drainage...

Just purchased this pool, except it's 14' x 42". I wonder if putting the 1000GPH intex pump we have from the old pool(which was an upgrade from the 530GPH pump they sent with it, totally inadequate) over the side in addition to the pump attached to the skimmer on this pool would reduce the load on that skimmer pump? It Might be possible later in the year to purchase an 2500 GPH intex pump and conversion kit if necessary, but until it is possible, would the intex pump over the side help with keeping the summer escapes pump from burning out too fast?

Wow, you should be so proud of yourself... Great job... :) The kids look so happy... :) I love the way the Summer Escapes come with through the wall skimmer... Enjoy your pool this summer.... It sounds like you've got big plans..... Keep us posted....

Wow, you should be so proud of yourself... Great job... :) The kids look so happy... :) I love the way the Summer Escapes come with through the wall skimmer... Enjoy your pool this summer.... It sounds like you've got big plans..... Keep us posted....

The very reason I chose our old Summer Escapes rather than the Intex was because of the wall skimmer..I agree the pumps could be better..remember having to change the filter out quite often..other than that it was so easy to keep clean.. my kids enjoyed it lots!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.