Suggestions on garden, rock speakers?

We were going to do the buried Bose speakers and attach to our (indoor) Onkyo Receiver and do different zones - but I am thinking I am going to go with the Big Blue Party Speaker - it has great reviews and then I can move it around and take it with me.

We just have so much going on with the build - throwing one more thing like burying speaker wires - running them through the attic over to the receiver and then trying to figure out how to actually make it worth seems like more stress than I can take right now.

Or maybe I am just lazy.

That looks amazing, I was considering the same, either the SONOS or the Bose and having to run the system and wiring all the way through the yard, up the wall and into family room, then hope nothing causes and issue, but I just read the review on AMAZON and wow, might be worth a shot.

That looks amazing, I was considering the same, either the SONOS or the Bose and having to run the system and wiring all the way through the yard, up the wall and into family room, then hope nothing causes and issue, but I just read the review on AMAZON and wow, might be worth a shot.

I still haven't ordered mine - but I am pretty sure that is what I am going with. Just need to make sure I don't need the cash to cover other pool build expenses first!

I'll throw out a suggestion, since I'll be installing this....a Logitech Harmony Smart Control. As long as the blaster is pointed at your receiver/TV/cable box/etc, you can control them using any android or iphone device (phones/tablets/etc). They go on sale for $75 all the time. It comes with a remote, but that's mainly for emergencies. You'll need a wifi router to connect to, but that's the only other hardware dependency. The Harmony can control almost any device you can think of (that is remote controllable).

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-996-...qid=1430901345&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+smart

81VPN9uUVcL._SL1500_.jpg

I bought and installed the Monoprice rock speakers and couldn't be happier. The more speakers the better because you don't have to have as high a volume to hear the music. I have two sets of speakers: a pair of 6.5" at the spillover spa and a pair of 8" at the pool steps. Thus, most of the pool area is between the speakers. Buy setting the volume independently you can get a balance where you really can't tell where the music is coming from...it is just everywhere.

I ran speaker wire out to the pool. I hooked up the speakers to my Sonos system with an Episode 12 channel amplifier. The Sonos system is the best!!! I control everything from my iPhone.

I bring my speakers inside at pool closing. To protect the connection, I just cover with a plastic flower pot.

IMG_0662.jpg
IMG_0663.jpg
IMG_0664.jpg

I can second this one, I have one installed for my theater room and it rocks....

I'll throw out a suggestion, since I'll be installing this....a Logitech Harmony Smart Control. As long as the blaster is pointed at your receiver/TV/cable box/etc, you can control them using any android or iphone device (phones/tablets/etc). They go on sale for $75 all the time. It comes with a remote, but that's mainly for emergencies. You'll need a wifi router to connect to, but that's the only other hardware dependency. The Harmony can control almost any device you can think of (that is remote controllable).

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-996-...qid=1430901345&sr=8-2&keywords=logitech+smart

81VPN9uUVcL._SL1500_.jpg

I am in the process of have my pool installed and below is what I am setting up. I got the speakers and amp from Parts-express.com and the rest is a Raspberry Pi with a DAC and a waterproof sprinkler box. I am running Volumio on it and with a 16gig micro USB drive I have all the music I need. Plus with Volumio I can air play to it or use all kinds of internet radio stations.

Speakers and Amp
Speakers and Amp

Box Configuration
IMG_1611.jpg

Reactions: Teenwolf74
I am in the process of have my pool installed and below is what I am setting up. I got the speakers and amp from Parts-express.com and the rest is a Raspberry Pi with a DAC and a waterproof sprinkler box. I am running Volumio on it and with a 16gig micro USB drive I have all the music I need. Plus with Volumio I can air play to it or use all kinds of internet radio stations.

Speakers and Amp
Speakers and Amp

Box Configuration
View attachment 36347

I think the box idea is great - I am looking at putting one of these together now. I am thinking of using a simple speaker amplifier or something like a Grace Digital Micro Shelf unit if it fits inside the box. The Grace unit is a small amplifier and internet radio that has speaker posts and does Pandora, links to home computer etc..

My other idea is to just get a good TV mount and with my Roku attached to a LCD TV I could get most of what I want and watch TV, listen to music, and mostly watch sports. I am thinking of one the fold down mounts in my pergola. I have good Wi-Fi coverage in the backyard, so I could get lots of stuff on the TV. Adding a little HD antenna on the top side of the pergola would pull in our local channels pretty well too.

Hmmm - speakers and a stereo - or just a TV setup. I then need to decide if I want to run speaker wire or Cat5e wire before I pour our patio...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went with a couple dual coil rock speakers from Outdoor Speaker Depot, and patio speakers positioned close to the pool as well as pair of patio speakers under the patio roof, a 4 zone control and Sherwood multizone receiver, this allows me to adjust each speaker or pair individually, a Logitech Bluetooth adapter for streaming music from phones, the best part is it is simple so my wife and kids can push 1 button to turn on or off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to give you guys an update - I ordered the Big Blue Party Speaker - it is AWESOME! Sound all the way around - deep base - rechargeable - or plugged into outlet. Bluetooth or auxiliary. Very happy with it - especially for the price!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.