Sufficient Aeration?

Checked reading on Controller last night and again this morning… pH went from 7.49 to 7.52. TA is 90. I think I could lower TA a bit and add one more “fountain” at another return and maybe get close to that .1 increase in pH overnight. Make sense?

Why does a 0.1 change in pH matter?
That's not the end point. I'd just like to know that I could achieve at least that amount of rise overnight when the pool is closed. Would probably use this method of aeration to maintain the pH level throughout the season vs. adding washing soda periodically. Also, if I need to lower TA, I'd like to use this method to raise pH after I drop it to the lower end of the range with acid. Might take 4-5 nights to get the pH back up, but that's okay.

Going to see what happens overnight tonight with 2 of these "fountains" going.

Reactions: Newdude
Good news.... with 2 "fountains" going in the pool and a couple other eyeballs around the pool pointed to the surface, I was able to increase the pH from 7.52 to 7.61 (Controller readout). That's just shy of a .1 increase overnight. Good enough!

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.