SUDDEN Loss of Flow -

harrmed

Jan 20, 2024
Pomona, CA
HELLO TFP

I have a sudden loss of flow coming from my skimmer/pool vaccum (set to half n half)
I fill up the pump basket with water and it drinks up the water, but i do feel any suction coming from my skimmer, or my pool vacuum
No visibile leaks, water spurting.

A suction leak underground?

Included video of my equipment (apologize for the audio)

I have a sudden loss of flow coming from my skimmer/pool vaccum (set to half n half)
It appears set to 95/5. Imagine the handle is a T and you're holding the long part of the T

Screenshot_20240120_151728_Chrome.jpg

But with all of your suction coming from the skimmer and no flow, the most common issue is a stuck weir door.

Debris would have to make it past your skimmer basket to cause a clog in the plumbing, and it didn't catastrophically fail underground either (statistically speaking).

So check the weirs and make sure they're flapping away.

Hi NEWDUDE!!

TY so much for the help. I checked the weir door, which i think is the door before the skimmer, and I DONT HAVE ONE LOL

I adjusted the T handle to about a quarter turn - counter clockwise -- and SUCTION IS BACK! woohoo!

BUT in messing with the T HANDLE and moving the "T" to the pool suction area -- which did so nicely!
I am now not able to move it from the current position of -- BETWEEN SKIMMER AND CLEANER --

it only moves about a quarter turn clock/counter clockwise -- did i mess something up? I cant get it back to the Pool suction area without
thinking i may be breaking it

BUT it is working -- so shall i let the beast rest?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 8.22.11 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 8.22.11 AM.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 6
BUT it is working -- so shall i let the beast rest
Tough call. Lol.

Debris could be stuck in there preventing it from moving. They're pretty simple inside if you want to open it up (pump off), just the door doohickey, the cover, handle and some o-rings. If you break something it will be an O-ring which is cheap, but a new headache.

Screenshot_20240130_115243_Chrome.jpg

Hi NEWDUDE!!

TY so much for the help. I checked the weir door, which i think is the door before the skimmer, and I DONT HAVE ONE LOL

I adjusted the T handle to about a quarter turn - counter clockwise -- and SUCTION IS BACK! woohoo!

BUT in messing with the T HANDLE and moving the "T" to the pool suction area -- which did so nicely!
I am now not able to move it from the current position of -- BETWEEN SKIMMER AND CLEANER --

it only moves about a quarter turn clock/counter clockwise -- did i mess something up? I cant get it back to the Pool suction area without
thinking i may be breaking it

BUT it is working -- so shall i let the beast rest?
Usually, when a valve on the suction side of the system "refuses" to move it is because there is a large amount of debris jamming it internally. Eight screws and its open. NEVER use a power screwdriver to reassemble the lid, it is very easy to crack a valve body by overtightening, especially an older valve. Its good to lube the O rings (1 lid and 2 stem) while the valve is open.

Reactions: Newdude
thanks guys! im acutally noticing is resting between the two raise metal flaps -- you cant go past those two point because it meets the end and then the other end .. not sure now how i was able to get the full rotation before .. ?

Reference Part #4

thanks guys! im acutally noticing is resting between the two raise metal flaps -- you cant go past those two point because it meets the end and then the other end .. not sure now how i was able to get the full rotation before .. ?

Reference Part #4
Lossen the nut holding the handle down and you can then raise the handle above the stops and turn it wherever you need.

Be careful not to position the valve to block all water flow.

is there a way to tell how it is positioned in the inside, if i lose my trace?
The handle only fits in one way. The handle position indicates where the diverter block is. Study the diagram above and note where it says OFF on the handle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.