suction/pressure wall fittings

Jul 15, 2018
taylor
does anyone have a picture or pictures of what the suction/pressure wall fittings look like when black poly is used on pressure/suction fittings?

i dug up most of my pad where the air leaks are coming from, and exposing all three of my suction lines and return line to where enough good poly pipe is showing for new barbs/pvc, but since it was relatively easy to get to the plumbing, i would like to just replace it all, or maybe i should leave well enough alone. the problem is, whats left of my, severely deteriorated and cracked pool deck, is over my two returns. not really a big deal. just two 4'x4'x4'' squares of concrete thats gonna be excavated anyway.

the thing is, i have no idea what the fittings look like that are in the gunite shell, and i would like to know what im getting into before i break up two squares worth of concrete. is there enough PVC left sticking out of the wall to where i can cut the old barb fitting off of the PVC and just glue new PVC onto it?? is it another type of fitting that turns into PVC at the wall where my jet screws into, and the poly pipe just hose clamps over that(saw a picture of a copper fitting on here where the black poly just went right over the copper wall fitting)? what is it?

knowing before is whats gonna determine if i replace the pipe or just leave well enough alone. i dont really feel like chipping out two suctions and one pressure wall fitting and replacing it with new ones. i mean i do, but thats just a lot of work when none of these are a problem right now, but if the conversion isnt that hard, i would do it.

doing this myself isnt hard and will save me thousands through any PB. i just cant for the life of me find any pictures of a what these wall fittings MIGHT look like. what i can tell you is, the pipe inside the wall of my pool is PVC, but is it PVC all the way through the shell, and if so, how far do those usually protrude out the back? do they leave enough to allow future potential repairs, or just cut it right at the back of the wall? i guess it wouldnt hurt me to break up ONE square and find out, but i really dont want to.

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess that would be a possibility, so you're saying by looking at them from the inside, you could tell enough to determine how it's probably done on the outside? I have a lot of plumbing buddies. I'll see if I can borrow a camera. thanks for the idea

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.