MIpoolAL

Bronze Supporter
Jul 15, 2017
Clarkston,MI
After studying the weather forecast for SE Michigan the next few weeks, made the aggressive decision to open this weekend. Was really sick of looking at the cover, kills the vibe of the backyard. Taking some notes here if anyone is interested.
  • Pulled the cover to crystal clear and pristine water.
  • Installed the pump, skimmer, ladders, returns, pulled gizmo and filled up from the well (about 5 hours). Still need to get the light in the receptacle, but my arm went numb on the first try.
  • Ran the pump overnight, Levels came back at :
    • FC 8, CC 0.5 or less, pH 7.2, TA 80, CYA 30-50.
    • Temp 52 deg, and maintained temp overnight with solar cover.
    • Tried to warm up the water before doing the CYA test, but not sure how successful that was. Will redo CYA once a little warmer.
  • This year I added a heat tape to the outside of the plumbing on my equipment pad, should hopefully give some added protection for the next two weeks of overnight colder weather. Snow in the forecast one more time this week.
    • I was forced to close early last fall after our 1HP super-pump died and ended the swimming season.
    • I was able to install the new pureline 2 speed pump in time to SLAM, then close.
    • Have it set to run 2 hours High, and 10 hours on low while its still pretty cold overnight.
All in all, a great open, and a testimonial to a true TFPC close last fall!

Attachments

• Clear 040619.jpg
    Clear 040619.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 30
  • clear2 040619.jpg
    clear2 040619.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Oct 2018 close.jpg
    Oct 2018 close.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 30
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.