Stumped on What to Do about Cloudy Blue Pool

Feb 1, 2023
Roanoke, VA
So I purchased a TFP recommended pool tester with the fancy spinning bean.

I began to slam my pool about 1-2 weeks ago before acquiring the kit, but have kept the FC at standard levels based off my 14,000 gal vinyl pool.

Anyways I got my test on Friday and measured my FC to be at 5.5 ppm and my CC to be 0. My CYA is 35-40 ppm. This was all after adding 6 gallons of bleach during the week.

My pool remains cloudy and blue as can be like Cool Blue Gatorade. Please help. I don’t believe I have an ammonia problem. My calcium hardness has been measured “in” as well as my alkalinity.

Please enter your test results in Poolmath and save them. That way we can see the results.

Post a picture tomorrow of the pool water.

It’s not possible to SLAM without a test kit. Your SLAM started on Friday. How often are you testing and adding chlorine to SLAM level?

We just got a whole week of rain and I was lazy. Checked everything with the test kit today and CYA didn’t make the black dot disappear until it was at the brim of the cylinder. FC may have been at 0.5 ppm and CC is still 0. So I guess I’ve lost CYA due to rain. Which has lead to a loss of FC? But the water remains cloudy. Added DE to my sand filter today and began filtering again so we will see if that helps.

You can still have algae if cc is zero.

you need to pass all 3 of the criteria for a slam.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How can I have algae if my CC is 0? And my FC was at 14 ppm?
The absence of cc doesn’t automatically mean the absence of algae even though the presence of cc indicates an issue.
Your fc was at 14ppm it is not any longer- it has been consumed by the algae, the
SLAM Process
requires that you MAINTAIN your fc at slam level for your cya
FC/CYA Levels
until you pass all 3 end of slam criteria

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.