amiller94

Jul 4, 2023
Illinois
My Intex SF70110-2 sand filter (purchased 2 months ago) began leaking out of nowhere. I have taken the pre-filter housing apart, and lubed the o rings, but it still leaked. Took it apart again and wrapped the o rings in Teflon tape, added a bit more lube, and eased the pre-filter housing back on gently. I was thinking maybe the o rings were getting twisted when putting the pre-filter housing on, but now I'm not thinking that's the case. It's leaking closer to the pump motor/controls (see pictures). I'm out of ideas and googling isn't helping lol I'm planning to call intex tomorrow, but not sure how much help they will be or if I have any sort of warranty. It's odd that it started out of nowhere. I had no leaks for the 2 months I've had it.

Attachments

• Snapchat-712276991.jpg
    Snapchat-712276991.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 11
  • Snapchat-1720606907.jpg
    Snapchat-1720606907.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Snapchat-350761096.jpg
    Snapchat-350761096.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Snapchat-289881808.jpg
    Snapchat-289881808.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 10
Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: At first it would appear the drip is coming from the seal between the wet end basket and where the volute area is held to the motor assembly by those 8 or 10 screws. However, are you sure the drip isn't coming from the nut faster just about that area? We may be able to give you some tips with the seal at the pipe nut location, but probably not so much on the unit seal itself. That one would see to be a valid warranty claim, and you shouldn't have to mess with that area only 2 months after purchase.

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: At first it would appear the drip is coming from the seal between the wet end basket and where the volute area is held to the motor assembly by those 8 or 10 screws. However, are you sure the drip isn't coming from the nut faster just about that area? We may be able to give you some tips with the seal at the pipe nut location, but probably not so much on the unit seal itself. That one would see to be a valid warranty claim, and you shouldn't have to mess with that area only 2 months after purchase.
Thank you for the kind welcome! I took more pictures that shows the location of the attachment with the screws, as well as where it'd be leaking if it were coming from the bolt in the skimmer basket. It looks like it's closer to the unit/motor. I called Amazon today and they said it only had a 30 day warranty (30 days was June 28th). They said they would be willing to give me a refund IF I sent the entire system in. IN 7 DAYS. That would require me to purchase a whole new unit, swap them out and return the old one in those 7 days. I was trying to figure out all the steps and kept being put on hold to pass me to someone else. Only to spend nearly an hour on the phone and got disconnected. I called back and it said they're having maintenance on their system and to call back in 2 hours. I was FUMING, still am a bit lol when I went to see if I could start a return, I don't even have the option to due to it being past the 30 day window. So I'm going to have to call back tomorrow and start all over. Sooo frustrating!

Attachments

• Snapchat-416924880.jpg
    Snapchat-416924880.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapchat-1028256648.jpg
    Snapchat-1028256648.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.