Stuff in the bottom of my pool

I was about ready to suggest you hold it at shock one more night and run the test again, until I read your second paragraph but you have that covered.

If it passes again tonight I think you'll be safe to let the FC drop back down.

O.K. second morning in a row with less than 1ppm FC drop and 0.5 CC. I check before day break so couldn't see if stuff is still on bottom, but if it is would it be safe to say that it's most likely dead and I need to just keep vacuuming? Also at what FC level can I go ahead and check all my other levels? My FC was 24 this morning, what would be a reasonable (just a ballpark #) FC drop during a regular sunny day (temp. mid 90's) with no one getting in the pool? Just curious as to when the kids may be able to get back in it.

T-Boy said:
Split off of this topic. JasonLion

I have the same problem and came across this forum out of frustration with my local pool shop. I have continued to dump $ buying Algacide(chlor. & cooper based), Ultra Super Shock, & Phos free with no improvement It's still there and my chlorine level is still 0. I did notice that in my skimmer there is a substance floating on top of the water(?) and a oily residue (darkish color) at the water line in skimmer, any ideas? Hear lots of talk about pollen, does pollen effect Chlorine levels?

I have seen that stuff in my skimmer. I get it if I add algecide. It is kind of tar like, real sticky. The more algicide, the more I get it. Not sure what it is from but scrubbed it out and it went away when the algacide disapated. I had heard it is from the reaction of the vinyl liner and algacide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.