MCBPool

Feb 4, 2023
California
Hi folks!
We’re new pool people and curious to know if this type of streak/mark in plaster is normal? This is a dark blue quartz plaster that was filled with water overnight with 2 standard hoses. Our PB wasn’t direct about the normality of this issue and simply mentioned an acid wash but we’ve also read that may not be the best solution. Should we be concerned? We’ve been instructed to wait for start up before brushing so nothing has been done to remedy yet.
Thanks for the input!

60BF3CBF-8BBF-4767-8270-21C2997A930D.jpegD02FDEB3-DB42-4AE8-9F5E-16774CC85462.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that, by chance, where one of the fill hoses was left after the pool fill was started? We’re the hoses just thrown in the pool as-is or did they have some foam strapped to them so they would float?

Is that, by chance, where one of the fill hoses was left after the pool fill was started? Were the hoses just thrown in the pool as-is or did they have some foam strapped to them so they would float?
They wrapped the couplings with a rag (basic garage type) which I’m guessing was to try to avoid pressure damage and held with tape. No foam. Unfortunately none of the damage was visible during the day so this happened at some point during overnight fill

Looks to me like a fill hose water mark. I suggest you work it out with your PB.

At no point should you try to rectify this with an acid wash. An acid wash is an aggressive chemical treatment that strips cement from the plaster surface and will take years of life off your pool’s finish. Also, it is rarely done right by the people sent to do it and it will often leave the plaster blotchy and rough.

Depending on how raised the relief is in the plaster surface, wet sanding the area may help to smooth it out.

Looks to me like a fill hose water mark. I suggest you work it out with your PB.

At no point should you try to rectify this with an acid wash. An acid wash is an aggressive chemical treatment that strips cement from the plaster surface and will take years of life off your pool’s finish. Also, it is rarely done right by the people sent to do it and it will often leave the plaster blotchy and rough.

Depending on how raised the relief is in the plaster surface, wet sanding the area may help to smooth it out.
This helps a lot, thank you. We’ll discuss with our PB.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.