Stock pump vs Intex sand filter

I will probably never get a sand filter. My pool is a 5000gal intex, and my fill water has high iron. We filtered out the oxidized iron, and haven't had any more issues. I don't want to backwash, then top off with metal filled water. I like my cartridge filter, because I don't have to back wash. I've never used a sequestrant either, because we filtered the iron out during setup.
This works well for us. If we had to top off from the well, we would have iron staining to deal with all over again. The main reason we can do it this way is our free water from Mother nature.

I will probably never get a sand filter. My pool is a 5000gal intex, and my fill water has high iron. We filtered out the oxidized iron, and haven't had any more issues. I don't want to backwash, then top off with metal filled water. I like my cartridge filter, because I don't have to back wash. I've never used a sequestrant either, because we filtered the iron out during setup.
This works well for us. If we had to top off from the well, we would have iron staining to deal with all over again. The main reason we can do it this way is our free water from Mother nature.

I have a Coleman 6k gallon and im having trouble with my well water that has alot of iron in it. im going to build a iron filter and was just seeing if the stock pump would work with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.