Still fighting brownish dust in bottom of pool

Here is a post of an issue I had earlier in the week. I am inclined to side with Dave that is it an algae bloom being kept at bay by the chlorine.

I had spotty "dust spots" that would just poof up when I brushed them, my chlorine always read accurately and never showed any cc's from where I was pulling my test water from, The water always remained crystal clear and sparkly, but there was always "dirt in the divots and creases. scrubbed every thing down not a stitch of algae in sight, but I started noticing that my chlorine that usually held to 5 by the evening was lingering at 3- 4. I went ahead and pulled the ladder out. There was no sign of visible algae anywhere. My ladder had a few pre drilled holes in it, I guess to let the water in to hold it down, and when the water started to drain out, it was disgusting, green, pink and orange crud was flowing freely out of it. Did a slam with the ladder out and guess, what? After 2 days of faithful slamming every hour no poofy "dust" on the pool floor. My chlorine must have been enough to keep a full blown algae attack at bay, but I now believe my "dirt" was dead algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.