Still cloudy water

Thank you! If I may ask another question here- I notice with this Intex equipment (and honestly I can't remember from the other pools) then when I backwash and rinse some sand always shoots back through the return. Is this normal? Very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week cloudy- this week green. HELP. I left town for two days- but my wife topped the chlorine off to 3 ppm each night. I completed the SLAM per the instructions. When I came home I brushed the pool because it looked like algae starting to form. I vacuumed to waste. Next morning I have this.

I'm guessing the next thing I do is add chlorine to shock level (assuming water is balanced otherwise?). May has been the wettest month on record here and the rains in the last 2 weeks have been crazy.

7b1574c60d1f007c26907fae387f2118.jpg
75605fae8a55e786de5889d419ae4bb0.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You raise an excellent point. I use the iPhone app for pool calculator and even though it asks for the input info for your goals - BBB or TFP, it still says 3 for the goal on FC- it doesn't seem to change.
Either way- this pool water ain't went below 7 ppm in days and has been topped off to 16 at least twice a day for 3-4 days at least

I've been going at this for about 2 weeks solid it seems. SLAMMING that is. Have I been checking it every two hours? No- but definitely at night and for the last two days every four hours at least.
34997d9cd85bfd99c67ad23588f22cba.jpg
0e9556e709bcb33896827974326a8dcc.jpg

Here's some good photos of what I have this morning. Yesterday I added about chlorine as readings were 12 ppm in the morning and at 9 pm. (I checked at a couple of intervals in the day and it was at 16 ppm)
This morning- again it was 12.

Question- if I brush the pool floor right now I see some some brown algae. My guess is you really shouldn't brush that because it just stirs it up when you need to really be removing it right?

Problem is I keep flooding the neighbors lawn vacuuming the whole pool to waste! [emoji16]

If I used a little bit of DE in the sand filter will that better trap this stuff so that maybe I can just vacuum in filter mode?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.