still can't get the chlorine up

Our CYA has always been on the low side. We have been using regular Clorox bleach when using it. We just bought some higher percentage bleach at Leslie's and used that.
I will be testing the chlorine every day this week to see how long it takes to lose the 4 we have now to try and get a grip on this chlorine loss. The bather load has just been two of us. We have not used the pool since we killed it with bleach on Saturday. Plus, it's been a little cold!
I will test the FC again tonight to see if we are the same.

I can't answer time stamp questions bc we don't have the bottles anymore.

BUT I will be monitoring the numbers all week long to get a grip on this chlorine thing!

I will be testing the chlorine every day this week to see how long it takes to lose the 4 we have now to try and get a grip on this chlorine loss. The bather load has just been two of us. BUT I will be monitoring the numbers all week long to get a grip on this chlorine thing!

It is highly suggested you test only with liquid bleach (probably from Wal-Mart), not with the SWG, and one day should be a good indicator. Test first thing in the morning and keep a log of time. Add the whole gallon and test 30 minutes later and 60 minutes later (Please keep log). This will tell you how much you have increased in TC. Then test late at night and you will know how much you lost from your high point.

we're pretty steady now. I have been taking it every day and we are at 4. the CYA is still low, at 50. I guess we will now add some more....it's been cloudy, not so hot and no one has used the pool all week

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.