For my Stenner adjustable pump, it ONLY runs while my Filter pump is running. So, if my filter pump runs from 6am to 9pm, so does my Stenner and it's dosing that entire time.

The adjustment is based on a numbered 1-10 scale (well technically is, L (for Low), 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10). If for example, its set for:

L , it will inject .2 gallons/day (assuming its running 24 hours)
1, it will inject .3 gallons/day (assuming its running 24 hours)
(...skipping to 10...)
10, it will inject 3 gallons/day (assuming its running 24 hours)

So you have to know how many hours it might run in a day, and how much you want to dose, and then do the math accordingly, etc. HTH

Thank you for confirming. That's how i thought it would work.
Definitively going the fixed route. Just feel like it is easier to calibrate; only have to worry about length of run time to get my output needed.

I have an electrician come over Friday to wire the electrical part (need a new outlet by the pool area); will ask him if he has an idea on how to make sure the Stenner only runs when the pool pump runs.
I saw you had posted earlier when you set up yours what you were doing on the electrical part. Will make sure not to cut the plug on the pump.
i'll update as I go along.

I have an electrician come over Friday to wire the electrical part (need a new outlet by the pool area); will ask him if he has an idea on how to make sure the Stenner only runs when the pool pump runs.

Have him wire a plug to the same timer as the pool pump. Use that for the stenner.

Just feel like it is easier to calibrate; only have to worry about length of run time to get my output needed.
I put my stenner on a smart plug that worked with Alexa. I created a set of routines for my typical run times. 30 minutes up to 1hr in 5 minute increments. (Pool Plug on, wait X minutes, Pool Plug off). You can plug the smart switch into the plug above and it will never go without the pump running.

After testing for the day, I had a chart in my chems that converted FC desired into runtime minutes. Then all I had to say was "Alexa, pool forty-five minutes" and alexa would run the stenner for 45 minutes!

Hope the electrician comes up with the same idea... would hate to tell him what/how to do it.

Alexa/Smart plug; That's cool. not sure if I'm ready to go that far with Google. Still a little more old school, :ROFLMAO:
the more you hang on this site, the more stuff comes up.

Thanks @PoolStored . Think I will go the fixed rate. seems easier.
FWIW I was initially going to go with a Fixed rate one too, but glad I changed my mind and went to Adjustable rate. You -can- run your Adjustable rate the same as you would a Fixed, just dont ever change the adjustment :) but it always gives you the added option if you ever need it. Food for thought.

Reactions: JB007
can someone in Houston, Tx (or in any hot climate ) share how much Liquid Chlorine they use in their pool during the hot summer months ?
This pool is 17,000 G including a spa. Trying to figure out a tank size for the Chlorine. I plan on using 10% LC and plan on filling up monthly since the tank will be in full sun. To prevent too much loss, I don't plan on storing LC, so don't want to oversize the tank.i'd rather be on the conservative side (even if i have to re-fill after 3 weeks).

Also, what kind of loss can I expect in 4 weeks on 10% during those months ?

can someone in Houston, Tx (or in any hot climate ) share how much Liquid Chlorine they use in their pool during the hot summer months ?
This pool is 17,000 G including a spa. Trying to figure out a tank size for the Chlorine. I plan on using 10% LC and plan on filling up monthly since the tank will be in full sun. To prevent too much loss, I don't plan on storing LC, so don't want to oversize the tank.i'd rather be on the conservative side (even if i have to re-fill after 3 weeks).

Also, what kind of loss can I expect in 4 weeks on 10% during those months ?
There are a lot of variables. The biggest are your CYA level and if you have a solar cover, which will reduce consumption, but increase pool temperature.

It will likely be 3-4ppm in Houston in the summer. Use 4ppm for grins. In a 16,000 gallon pool, .64 gallons of 10% per day will add 4 FC, or 83 ounces a day.

Four weeks = 18.15 Gallons.

Hope that helps...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I am going with a Fixed 10GPD Stenner pump to inject my MA. Tank will we 7.5G.
Originally was going to feed MA pure, but it seems better for the longevity of the equipment to pour diluted acid. So I plan on diluting 1G of MA with 5G of water.

What is the safest/most convenient way to dilute the MA with water ? should I dilute in buckets and pour into the tank ? or should i pour 5G of water in the tank then pour the 1G of muratic acid ? and how about refills ?
just trying to get some ideas of best practice.

There are a lot of variables. The biggest are your CYA level and if you have a solar cover, which will reduce consumption, but increase pool temperature.

It will likely be 3-4ppm in Houston in the summer. Use 4ppm for grins. In a 16,000 gallon pool, .64 gallons of 10% per day will add 4 FC, or 83 ounces a day.

Four weeks = 18.15 Gallons.

Hope that helps...
CYA right now is around 30-35. No cover. pool is in full sun most of the day.
so based on what you show, i could go with a 15G tank. would have to refill every 3-4 weeks in the heat of the summer.

The article has information on 10% towards the bottom. The higher the % concentration, the quicker the degradation.

If you use 10% in a tank in the sun in Houston, and expect to leave it for 30 days, expect the bleach to degrade to 7.5%, give or take.

If you shade it, or bury the tank, it will not degrade as much.

Reactions: PoolStored
The article has information on 10% towards the bottom. The higher the % concentration, the quicker the degradation.

If you use 10% in a tank in the sun in Houston, and expect to leave it for 30 days, expect the bleach to degrade to 7.5%, give or take.

If you shade it, or bury the tank, it will not degrade as much.
Got it. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.