Stenner pump parts in Canada

Anyone know of a good place to buy Stenner parts in Canada? I usually get them off Amazon, but they are really expensive here. And sadly, I seem to go through parts often. I use it to inject acid, and I've had 3 tubes burst in the past two summers. When they burst, the acid fills up and the rollers usually seize. (I need to now order another new roller assembly - my 3rd in 2 summers.) I've replaced the injector or duckbill 5 times. I start with a fresh one at opening, and for the past 2 years, it dies mid-summer. The duckbill fails basically - not sure why, but it just won't let the acid in anymore, pressure builds and the tube bursts. The duckbills - for 5 of those small little plastic pieces are $45... The roller is almost $80 to buy and ship. 2 tubes are $70.. the markup must be massive.

I'm also wondering if there's a better system for the injection. Someone in a post said they don't use the duckbill anymore, but didn't specify what would replace it. I'm almost ready to just throw it all out and add acid manually as I end up having to do it so much anyway.

I get my Stenner parts off of eBay they are a bit less expensive there, I don't know if that would hold true shipping to Canada. I Have not had my MA tube burst but I did notice it discoloring so I diluted it down to 15% and that helped. I think those who are not using duckbills are just going without as the pressure on the return side is well below the 25 PSI the pump is rated at without the duckbill. Only risk I see with that is a small water leak if the line breaks on the output side. I recently bought a cheap pump for my spa like THIS one then realized the volume it too high for the spa. At some point I think I am going to try it for the pool, for the price if it makes it a season or so it would be well worth it.

Hey cuzpool. I have spent many hours searching for places here in Canada for Stenner items and all are crazy in there pricing. We can buy full retail in the good old USA, pay 30 cents on the dollar, much higher shipping and be much lower then the guys here want. I have not been nailed with any custom duties as of yet, but that can happen. Never let them ship any way other then USPS.
Re your problems with breakage.
I do not have a duck bill / check valve in the injector and am told by Stenner that with a 25 PSI pump it is not needed and if added it would not work anyway. They say the the 25 psi is not enough to hold the valve closed against the return line pressure. They say to just rely on the rollers pinching the pump tube.
I would rather have it set up as you do but if that valve gives that many issues i think i will stay where i am, lol. ( Maybe you can remove yours and depend on the rollers also, sounds like it would solve some issues ? )
If you mount your Stenner with the head down and put in a TANK return line then you should save the rollers etc when the tube breaks again.

Thanks. Well, at least I'm not the only one. I have looked on Ebay - the import tax also gets you. And yes, USPS - agree on that.

Right now, the injector is mounted kind of on a downward angle. I don't know why they did that. But, the duckbills do prevent water from coming out the injector. Right now, I don't even have the pump line on there and no water drips out. My pressure on the filter is around 20PSI, so I assume post that point would be much less. I had never thought of running without one. Basically leave it out and let the roller pinch hold it in. Yes - that might solve some issues.

I do know know a friend who has a newer setup and he mixes the acid with water, 50/50. I was told not to bother with that. But - was thinking it may make it less thick, perhaps easier to move. Not sure if everyone mixes theirs. I mix it in a bucket before I put it in the pool so I guess it makes sense in a way. Just means it has to pump twice as much...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.