cduby

Dec 1, 2022
Clute, TX
I went ahead and bought the stenner pump hoping that our local pool builder would be able to install it, and I was told it was too much of a liability since it's set up on a timer and not automation. I was also told that it would have to be installed too close to the Triclor feeder and would cause a chemical reaction. My thought would be to install it just after the heater before it gets to the Trichlor feeder which should be enough water to dilute before it hits the Trichlor. Can someone with experience in this confirm my decision? The Red arrows in the pictures are possible choices for injection locations, but I think just after the heater would be best.

This is a newly installed (DEC-2022) in-ground pool that is 8000 gallons. Already had to drain once due to CYA levels getting too high and I want to use liquid chlorine as my main source.
IMG_4166.JPEG
IMG_4165.JPEG
IMG_4164.jpeg

Why don't you take the tablet chlorinator out. You can then plumb a t with a 1/2" thread to mount the injector?

Where are you going to put the tank. Might think about burying it. In the Texas sun, your chlorine is going to degrade...

I removed my trichlor feeder when I installed my Stenner pump. The output of the Stenner plumbs right into the return line after the heater using a threaded T. Don't forget the check valve or you could get return water into the Stenner tank. You probably also want to get some extra pump head tubing and duck bills...I replace mine annually.

Why don't you take the tablet chlorinator out. You can then plumb a t with a 1/2" thread to mount the injector?

Where are you going to put the tank. Might think about burying it. In the Texas sun, your chlorine is going to degrade...
Was thinking about doing this but thought that I may need it down the road to use a tablet maybe once a month for stabilizer. If I'm not going to need it at all, then this would be what I would want to do and possibly add stabilizer if needed. I planned on building a covered area over all the equipment to keep the sunlight off of it to help preserve the piping and equipment which should help with the chlorine as well.
I removed my trichlor feeder when I installed my Stenner pump. The output of the Stenner plumbs right into the return line after the heater using a threaded T. Don't forget the check valve or you could get return water into the Stenner tank. You probably also want to get some extra pump head tubing and duck bills...I replace mine annually.
I got a full kit with mine which came with the check valve. I also ordered 20' of the black UV resistant tubing and plan on replacing it annually since someone else already warmed me of that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.