Stenner pump injection port location and configuration

I had the threaded tee installed so ready for next step. However I don’t want to order the Stenner pump until validating exactly how to control it. Hoping to hear a few additional comments on the following:

I’m using an IntelliFlo VS programmable pump and all scheduling is maintained using the onboard controller. I don’t have any type of external controller (EasyTouch, SunTouch, etc.) and I was planning to use a heavy duty wifi timer to control the Stenner pump. I would program the timer so it powers the Stenner only during a pool pump cycle. I was initially concerned that in case of power outage my pool pump clock will reset to midnight and the clocks would then go out of sync. It turns out that this is not necessarily the case and as long as power is restored within 96 hours the pool pump will remember and resume its programmed schedule. So, it seems I should in theory be OK with the dual timers. I’ve seen some examples on this site where others are using stand alone timers to control the Stenner pump and just wondering if anyone has taken the precaution of an additional failsafe just in case the pool pump does not run for some reason and how it was implemented?

In lieu of any additional failsafe, I could just program the Stenner cycle(s) to run during the day when I would likely notice if the pool pump is not running. And for vacations I could program the pool pump to run 24/7.
I set up the Stenner and have been using it for a week now. Still need to fine tune the tubing arrangement, add the failsafe switch and improve the shading, but so far it has been fantastic! For now I'm running it daily for 15 min at 10 am so it's pretty easy to keep an eye on it. Here is my next question... Although I have the 15 gallon tank I put in just 3 gallons to start since it is only consuming about 1 gallon a week. Would it be better to run the chlorine down before replenishing it or just add a fresh gallon weekly to the LC remaining in the tank? And when LC consumption increases in the summer, would it generally be better to wait until the tank gets low and then refill vs. just replenishing periodically to bring the level back up? I figure since I will be testing frequently I can either adjust the time that the pump runs if the chlorine degrades too quickly, or I can just bump up the FC by adding some fresh chlorine manually once a week.

Attachments

• 20230407_102224.jpg
    20230407_102224.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 14
Run it down and refill with fresh chlorine. Liquid chlorine looses strength over time and when warm so continually topping it off will cause you to always have weakened bleach. I buried my tank to keep it as cool as possible.

Most important is to not let the tank go empty and let the chlorine level drop and have algae take hold. I try to let it get empty before refilling. I generally just fill my tank till it's full so I don't need to refill.as often. Most times I put 12 gallons in at a time. That lasts almost 4 weeks for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.