STLhybrid

May 24, 2023
St. Louis, Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Okay, I’ve scoured old threads and photos to no avail. I’ve been working on removing my mastic and noticed this cable in the (likely incredibly too large) cavity. It appears to be galvanized steel cable / rope / wire. I thought it first to be the bonding wire but after reading those seem to be copper and a single solid wire. What in tarnation is this for? It’s on all sides of the pool so far and sometimes runs along the walls but other times toward the walls. The close ups are of the cable- I took a further away image to show a wider scope of where these are.

IMG_5334.jpegIMG_5333.jpegIMG_5340.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5330.jpeg
    IMG_5330.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 4
You have a hybrid pool with fiberglass walls. The fiberglass walls may be anchored to the cable or the cable help maintain the top shape until the concrete collar was laid.

You have a hybrid pool with fiberglass walls. The fiberglass walls may be anchored to the cable or the cable help maintain the top shape until the concrete collar was laid.
Ooooo…. Hmmm so does this mean that I could potentially use this to “re-anchor” a portion of it? Perhaps hook and pull it from the other side of the deck? Lol

Ooooo…. Hmmm so does this mean that I could potentially use this to “re-anchor” a portion of it? Perhaps hook and pull it from the other side of the deck? Lol
Dunno. I am just guessing that there was a time during construction where some stability was needed around the top of the pool to stabilize the panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.